Having work done to your kitchen or considering renovations and wondering what is undermount sink? Here is the answer.
An undermount sinks are a type of kitchen sink that is mounted underneath the countertop.
This kind of sink holds water and can be made out of various materials, including stainless steel, copper, fireclay, stone, or ceramic.
This type of sink has an advantage over rim sinks because it uses all the available space under the countertop. This limits the amount of clutter that can accumulate in your kitchen.
Also, it has a sleek design that complements the modern style of most kitchens today. This design makes it easy to maintain because you can easily reach any part of its basin, even when stacked with dirty dishes and utensils.
Guide to Undermount Sinks
These materials are very tough and will not dent easily. The casting process helps to ensure that the sink is made with no imperfections.
Check the trending undermount sinks on Amazon and the latest deals available.
The Pros and Cons of Under-mount Sink:
1. Can be installed easily with minimal effort
2. Offers additional storage space below the countertop
3. Easily accessible to clean due to its design, especially in the corners and crevices
4. It Doesn’t require a mounting ring for support
5. Securely attached to a kitchen cabinet using a series of clips or adhesive
1. Not stable if not properly installed
2. Prone to dents and scratches from heavy objects that are placed on top of it
RELATED: Best Adhesives for Undermount Sinks