The best drop-in kitchen sinks are designed to offer enough space for cleaning and holding your cutlery in an ultra-quiet environment.
Most drop-in kitchen sinks assume a rectangular shape with a standard size of 32″ by 22″.
The sinks are engineered to have perfect drainage with drain guidelines. Unlike the traditional design, the modern drop-in kitchen sinks are reinforced with thick sound-absorbing pads to reduce noise and vibrations.
They offer the best user experience while cleaning dishes. With sliding accessories on the ledge, you can arrange your kitchen to have a smart, organized kitchen despite limited space.
Top Drop In Kitchen Sinks:
What is a Drop-in Kitchen Sink?
A drop-in kitchen sink is a sink that can be lowered or dropped into an existing cut space on the countertop—also known as a top mount or self-rimming kitchen sink.
The sink’s rim sits on the countertop to support the hanging weight of the sink. Silicone caulk and metal clips are used to stick the sink in position.
A drop-in kitchen sink has standard external dimensions of 32″ by 22″ but varies for the double bowl sinks.
Best Drop-In Kitchen Sinks:
1. KRAUS 33-inch Workstation Drop-in Single Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
- Space-saving design with sliding accessories
- Ultra-quiet sink with thick silencer pads at the bottom and sides
- Spacious high-capacity drop-in stainless-steel sink
- Rear set drain point
- Drain cover with open sides
The Kraus KWT310-33/18 Kore is one of the top drop-in kitchen sinks. One outstanding feature of the Kraus kitchen sink is the space. This model is designed with an internal length of 31″, interior width of 16″, and an internal depth of 9″.
These dimensions provide enough space capacity to hold dishes while cleaning. The rear-set drainage hole creates an uninterrupted workspace.
This Kraus sink is an all-in-one drop-in kitchen sink that doubles your kitchen space with sliding accessories for vegetables and cutlery. These accessories help customize your workflow and help arrange your kitchen.
The drain cover conceals drain filters for a seamless look. It also fits over most garbage disposals with open sides that allow water to flow easily.
A dishwasher-safe stainless-steel grid protects the bottom of your drop-in kitchen sink from dents and scratch marks. It also raises dishes for better cleaning.
- Sliding accessories help customize the available space in your kitchen and put your kitchen in order.
- The 9″ depth prevents splashes from the high-water pressure leaving a clean, dry floor.
- The drain cover and the filter reduce the chances of pipe blocking due to food residues and other solid materials.
- The dishwasher-safe grid protects the bottom of the sink from scratches and dents.
- The gentle slope ensures maximum drainage while keeping glassware from tipping over.
- It is expensive
- Requires skills to install or replace
2. Ruvati 21 x 20 inch 16 Gauge Stainless Steel Drop-in Topmount Kitchen Sink
- Soundproof coating and thick rubber padding
- Dishwasher-safe stainless-steel grid
- It has a basket strainer drain
- Zero radii, 90-degree sharp corners
The Ruvati drop-in stainless steel kitchen sink is made of premium T-304 stainless steel 16 gauge resistant to corrosion and rust. For durability, the sink is reinforced at the edges for a long-lasting leakage-free service.
The sink has a soundproof coating and thick rubber padding to reduce noise and condensation.
To maximize space, the sink has a workstation with sliding accessories that helps boost space utilization with an intelligent arrangement.
It also has a basket strainer drain for trapping food waste, preventing blocking of the drainage pipe.
The sink has a brushed finish that masks scratches and makes your sink look expensive. It is designed with trustworthy 16-gauge steel that will not easily dent.
- The sink has perfect drainage due to the drain grooves at the sink’s base.
- The soundproof coat and rubber pads help reduce noise and condensation while cleaning.
- Highly durable as it is made of stainless steel, which is resistant to rust and corrosion.
- The workstation and the sliding accessories give the kitchen an organized, classy appearance.
- Easy to install with a drop-in top mount installation plan.
- It is expensive
- It is heavy with the 16-gauge steel
3. Bokaiya 33×22 Stainless Steel Drop in workstation Kitchen Sink
- Single bowl drop in kitchen sink with a workstation ledge
- Made of brushed stainless steel with nickel
- Dimensions – 33W x 22D x 10H
- Slanted bottom with X-shaped drain grooves
- 16 G Premium T-304 Stainless Steel
The Bokaiya drop-in kitchen sink is designed to stand the test of time with a premium T-304 stainless steel that is resistant to corrosion and rust.
The sink is solid and durable to hold a lot of weight using 16 gauge 1.5mm thick 304 Stainless Steel. The R2 round corners allow for smooth sink cleaning, leaving no food waste stuck on them.
This model comes with a dishwasher-safe stainless-steel grid with soft bumpers to protect the base of your sink from deep scratches and dents.
Its drainage grooves are slanted to the bottom center for efficient drainage, forming an X-shape. It also has a commercial-grade satin finish to prevent scratches and stains.
The rear drain placement offers space and an uninterrupted cleaning experience. The drain is fitted with removable filters to prevent food waste from blocking the drainage pipes.
It has thick dampening pads to reduce noise and vibration. The anti-condensation coating protects the sink from condensation and damps mildew deformation.
- Comes with sliding accessories such as a wood cutting board and stainless-steel colander for a better user experience.
- It’s made of stainless steel and is resistant to rust and corrosion.
- A 10″ depth offers enough height to prevent water from splashing on the floor.
- It is solid and durable.
- Has less noise.
- It is heavy and hence suitable for heavy-duty tasks
- Requires a professional to install
4. Sinkology Drop-in 33 in. Fireclay Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- Made of the high-quality fireclay material
- Custom-made bottom steel grids
- Limited lifetime warranty
- 1-hole single bowl drop in kitchen sink
- Outer dimensions: Outer Dimensions: 33W x 22D x 9H inches
The Sinkology Jackson drop-in kitchen sink is made of strong, durable, and high-quality fireclay material. The fireclay mainly consists of earth reinforced through heating to provide a naturally solid sink.
Its outlook has a glossy layer of surefire finish, giving it a crisp white appearance. For perfect drainage, the composite drop in kitchen sinks has a high-performing drop in drains.
The drains are available as basket strainer or InSinkErator compatible drains.
This model comes with 1-hole configurations for a single bowl drop-in kitchen sink faucet connection. For its installation, the sink has a drop-in installation plan, which is easy to install and replace.
This model boasts a large capacity necessary when cleaning dishes. Cleaning is done with a 22″ depth without splashing water, leaving a clean, dry floor.
- It has a limited lifetime warranty if you encounter any problem with your drop in sink.
- It has a bottom steel grid that protects the base from scratches and deep dents.
- It is easy to install and replace with drop-in sinks for your DIY renovation plan.
- It is made of coated fireclay materials that are resistant to corrosion and rust.
- It has a pocket-friendly price.
- It is prone to cracks with time.
- It is apt to deform from hot water.
5. Friho 33 “X 22” Inch Brushed Nickel Stainless Steel Top Mount Drop-In Kitchen Sink
- Handmade X-flume design
- 18-gauge stainless steel
- Insulative dampening pads
- Thickened, non-toxic protective undercoating
- Lifetime warranty
The Friho top mount drop-in kitchen sink is considered one of the best kitchen sinks due to its high-quality, unique handcrafted design. This sink is constructed with solid and durable 18-gauge stainless steel that can withstand daily sink activities.
This sink has a profound capacity with a unique handmade X flume design that facilitates efficient drainage in the sink. The sink has a rear drain with removable filters to ensure food waste doesn’t get into the drainage pipe.
It is fitted with thick dampening pads to reduce noise from water hitting the base of the drop-in sink. These pads also help absorb vibrations on the sink.
For zero scratches and dents, the base is fitted with a bottom grid with smooth rails protecting it from sharp objects. The grid also elevates the dishes while cleaning and offers a better drainage experience.
It has sliding accessories that offer extra space for your cutlery and vegetables for an intelligent kitchen organization.
- It has a better sink top arrangement with sliding accessories and the colander.
- It has less noise and vibrations due to the thick dampening pads at the bottom.
- It has a limited lifetime warranty.
- It has a large capacity to hold large amounts of accessories and dishes.
- The bottom grid secures the base from deep scratches and dents, maintaining a smooth base surface.
- It is expensive
- Difficult to install
6. Kraus Onyx Granite 33-Inch Equal Bowls Black Drop in Kitchen Sink
- Spacious double bowl drop in kitchen sink
- Fade-proof color with UV protection
- Gently sloped bottom
- Made with natural granite
- Convenient dual-mount design
The Kraus Quarza drop-in kitchen sink is made to march elegantly and classily with a double spacious bowl sink. The twin sink allows you to use both sink bowls independently for washing, soaking, and drying.
Having been made with 80% natural granite, it is considered high-end for a luxurious look and feel of real stone.
Kraus Granite drop-in kitchen sink is designed to last a lifetime, with a rich, timeless aesthetic that makes a perfect centerpiece for your kitchen.
They are designed with a large bowl to prevent water splashing and fit your big pots and stacks of dishes. The sink enjoys a vast surface of 33″ by 22″ spacious for efficient cleaning.
If you are looking for an innovative and colorful sink, you need a Kraus Quarza drop-in kitchen faucet. This model comes with a fade-proof color with bright spots reinforced with UV protection to prevent discoloration.
The sink is engineered with a gentle slope to ensure perfect drainage and avoid standing water in the basin. The pitch is optimized to prevent glassware from falling over when placed in the sink.
- It is strong and durable since it is engineered from natural granite.
- It has an attractive, classy look of the fade-proof color.
- It eliminates the chances of standing water in the sink due to the gently sloping bottom.
- It has double sink bowls for independently washing, soaking, and drying dishes.
- It can be mounted as a top mount or under mount for a better user experience.
- It is expensive to purchase the double bowl drop-in kitchen sink.
- Difficult to install and requires skills.
7. Lordear 15×15 Inch Single Bowl Stainless-Steel Drop-In Bar Prep RV Kitchen Sink
- Made of genuine SUS304 16 Gauge Stainless Steel
- Single bowl drop in kitchen sink with a gunmetal finish
- Dimensions: 15″D by 15″W by 9″H
- X-shaped drainage grooves
- Stainless steel bottom rinse grid
The Lord is a drop-in kitchen sink that is designed with 16 gauge stainless steel to last long. On the other hand, steel is resistant to corrosion and rust and hence durable for a long time.
The sink has X-shaped design drain lines from every corner towards the drain hole to ensure perfection. These lines guide the water, ensuring perfect drainage and leaving a clean, dry sink. It is engineered with a single bowl drop-in kitchen sink, giving a shiny surface that is easy to clean-wipe.
The drop bar Lordear sink is engineered with a gentle slope at the bottom to prevent glassware from tipping over when put in the sink. It has thick sound-absorbing pads for noise reduction.
The sink has a bottom rinse grid made with soft stainless steel to prevent it from deep scratches and dents. The inner surface is brushed with matte black NANO to ensure no water spots are left.
- Limited lifetime warranty with a 3-month free return.
- It has a bottom rinse grid to prevent the inner sink surface from dents and scratches.
- Perfect drainage with guidelines from every corner towards the center.
- Less noise due to the thick sound-absorbing pads.
- The R10 round corners are easy to clean and do not hold dirt.
- Heavy from the 16-gauge steel
8. SHACO 28-inch Stainless Steel Drop-in Single Bowl Commercial Kitchen Sink
- 2mm sound-absorbing rubber pads
- Large drop in kitchen sinks
- Durable 16 G 1.2mm thick steel
- Rear set drain design
- Tight radius inner corner
Shaco is one of the finest drop-in kitchen sink made with durable 16-gauge true stainless steel. The steel is vital to hold heavy pots without damage. It is designed for top mount installation that anchors it on the sink top for more strength.
Cleaning gets better with the tight radius corners that are easy to clean. They also offer more space for drop-in kitchen sinks.
The sink has a 9″ deep basin to maximize space and allow large pots and dishes to fit. The depth also prevents splashing leaving a clean, dry floor. With such a depth, the sink provides the much-needed capacity to hold water and dishes during cleaning.
It also has rear set drainage with a 3.5mm hole that fits with a removable drain cap with filters. Waste is trapped there and then disposed of in the bin.
To facilitate perfect drainage at the bottom, the drop-in sink has drain lines to guard water towards the drainage hole.
The drop-in kitchen sink has superior aesthetics and a resistant finish to scratches and dents. The finish also gives an easy-to-clean surface that is oil and spot-free.
- Easy to clean sink with tight radius corners leaving a sparkling dry, clean surface.
- It has a perfect drainage design preventing standing water in the drop in sink.
- It is made of steel which is solid and durable.
- It is rust and corrosion resistant hence a long-lasting effect guaranteeing value for your money.
- It has a large holding capacity with a 9″ depth.
- It lacks the bottom steel grid and is prone to scratches and dents.
- It is costly.
9. Bonnlo Stainless Steel Made 32 Inch Top mount Drop in Kitchen Sink for RV
- R 10 curved corners
- X flume drainage design
- Premium strainer with stopper
- Coated sink walls
- Thick deadening pads
This model offers a robust, durable, and reliable sink that can withstand daily activities. The steel material is resistant to corrosion and rust, giving it a shiny, long-lasting appearance.
Bonnlo top mount drop-in kitchen sink is designed with R 10 round corners for a modern and sleek look. The rounded corners are easy to clean and provide more cleaning space.
The drainage is engineered to perfection with an X flume design with drain lines to guide water down to the drainage hole. This model also has a premium filter with stoppers to allow faster water passage while holding the food waste in the filters.
The sink’s walls are coated with brushed steel to prevent condensation and absorb noise. The kitchen sink is fitted with thick deadening pads for maximum noise reduction to absorb noise and vibrations making it one of the leading drop-in stainless steel kitchen sink.
It has a sink protection bottom grid helping prevent the base from getting scratched or dented. It also raises dishes while cleaning, offering a smooth flow beneath the grid.
- The base is secure from scratch marks and dents from sharp objects.
- It is made of stainless steel that is resistant to corrosion and rust.
- It has a thick deadening pad for noise absorption from the washing activities and high-water pressure.
- It has a limited lifetime warranty
- Perfect drainage leaving a clean, dry sink. The slope is gentle to prevent glassware from tipping over in the kitchen sink.
- Its price is very high.
- They are small drop in kitchen sinks splashing water, causing a mess while cleaning.
10. Logmey 33 x 22 Stainless Steel Topmount Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- X flume-shaped drain design
- 18-gauge stainless steel
- Commercial grade brushed finish
- Heavy anti-condensation coating
- Thick sound-absorbing pads
The Logmey drop-in kitchen sink is constructed with robust, long-lasting stainless steel to withstand the weight and force of cleaning activities in the kitchen.
The sink is reinforced with 18-gauge steel making it a favorite for heavy-duty services.
The single bowl drop-in kitchen sink has been reinforced with thick sound-absorbing pads to reduce the noise and vibration when the bottom is hit by running water. The walls are also coated with thick paint to prevent condensation.
The sink has a roll-up rack for improved kitchen arrangement that fits on the sink’s ledge for holding fruits, vegetables, and cutlery.
Drainage is set to perfection with the X-shaped drain lines directed to the rear part of the drainage hole. They guide the water off the sink leaving the sink clean and dry.
The drain filter has a removable Strainer drain for emptying the food waste to prevent pipe blockage. The sink has a drain cover with open ends to allow water to pass through.
This drop-in kitchen sink has a bottom rinse grid that protects the base from dents and scratches from sharp objects while cleaning.
- Scratch-free bottom as the rinse grid protects it.
- Has a limited lifetime warranty with a 3-months return period.
- Has reduced noise and vibration with a coated surface for prevention of condensation
- Perfect drainage with the drain lines at the bottom.
- It has a roll-up rack for extra workstation accessories.
- It is heavy due to the 18-gauge steel metal
- It is expensive
Things to Consider Before Buying A Drop-in Kitchen Sink
When purchasing your drop-in kitchen sink, consider the following factors to help you get the best sink for your budget.
The drop-in kitchen sink should be easy to install or replace. The sink package must have all the installation components, such as silicone caulk and metal clips.
For ease of installation, drop-in sinks for your DIY renovation are accompanied by a manual guide with step-by-step installation instructions.
The material of the sink determines its strength and appearance. If you want a fancy sink, you may need to go for stainless steel sink. For a standard sink, plain stainless steel will do the trick.
For durability, pick stainless steel drop-in kitchen sinks that are resistant to corrosion and rust. The material should be strong enough to withstand the weight of heavy dishes.
The sink should have enough capacity and volume to hold accessories, dishes, pots, and cleaning water without spilling.
The depth should be at least 9″ to cater to the large tall pots and reduce splashes when cleaning. Go for the large drop-in kitchen sinks to have enough cleaning space.
Check to have the right size of drop-in sink according to the cut space on the countertop. Get a fitting size for solid stability.
You can select stainless steel double bowl drop-in kitchen sinks to do the washing and rinsing activities independently.
Drop-in stainless steel sinks produce noise from the principle of an empty container once running water hits the bottom. Check for sinks with sound-absorbing pads on the bottom side.
These pads help absorb noise and vibrations for a quiet kitchen experience. Choose a sink with a thick coating on the surface to help reduce the condensation on the white sink surface.
The price should always guide your selection of sink to purchase. The best drop-in stainless steel kitchen sink is highly-priced but worth the value of your money.
However, it is recommended you buy a pocket-friendly sink of standard quality. Similarly, avoid cheap sinks, which may cost a lot to maintain and repair.
With improved sink designs on the rise, select drop-in workstation sinks and accessories to help manage your kitchen appearance.
Get an all-in-one drop-in kitchen sink with racks and cutting boards to help in maximizing space in the kitchen.
You can also carry out your activities around the sink with less effort. In addition, get a drop-in sink with a bottom stainless steel grid to protect the base of your sink from scratches.
The finish style of drop-in kitchen sinks determines their outward appearance. Select a sink with a brushed stainless steel finish. Stainless steel is resistant to corrosion and rust. It is also easy to clean and dry.
For the white drop-in sink, ensure the finish type is easy to clean to avoid staining the original white color. Select a sink with a finish that protects it from scratches to help maintain its original appearance.
Drop-In Kitchen Sink Sizes and Materials
The drop-down kitchen sink comes in various sizes and materials to suit different tastes and preferences.
Drop-in Kitchen Sink Sizes
There are small, medium, large, and double bowl drop-in kitchen sink. A small sink’s dimensions start from 14 5/8″ by 15 ¾ “. A medium sink ranges at 21 1/8″ by 15 ¾”, while a large sink will measure 28 7/8″ by 15 ¾”.
All these dimensions vary 8-9 inches in depth for the standard size. For a double bowl drop-in kitchen sink, the length is subdivided into two in relation to the width to depth ratio.
Drop-in Kitchen Sink Materials
Stainless steel is mainly used to construct sinks due to its resistance to corrosion and rust. Stainless steel is made from a mixture of steel, chromium, and nickel. A Modern drop-in kitchen sink is often made of 16 gauge stainless steel.
Natural or manufactured stones such as granite, soapstone, and quartz make composite drop-in kitchen sinks. However, they result in heavy sinks.
Other materials that can be used include copper, and cast iron. Fireclay can also be used if treated well with fire. It consists of earth and mesh heated to high temperatures to form a strong fireclay.
A white drop-in kitchen sink is often made of ceramic materials with a brushed finish to give the sparkling crystal appearance.
How to Install a Drop-in Sink?
For ease of installation, have the necessary tools and equipment such as a drop-in sink, sealant, screwdriver, and metal clips.
Step 1: Measure the Sink Size Required
Measure the required size of the drop-in kitchen sink according to the size of the precut space. Be keen to take the exact measurements. Purchase the right size sink for installation.
Step 2: Caulk the Rim and the Countertop Edge
Apply silicone caulk on the bottom of the rim and the top of the countertop edges. Allow the caulk to cool for five minutes for the best fit.
Step 3: Place the Sink
Carefully lower the sink without faucet holes through the precut hole. Avoid scratching the sink on the cut edges.
Step 4: Press the Sink to Get Rid of Air
If the sink is not heavy enough, exert pressure downwards on the sink to get rid of air for a tight fit.
Step 5: Fasten the Metal Clips
Use a screwdriver to fasten the screws to hold the sink in place. Ensure the fix is airtight.
Step 6: Clean the Workspace
Clean the sink and the countertop to remove any excess silicone. Be careful not to scratch the sink.
Drop-In vs Undermount Sink
The answer to this question mainly lies in factors that differentiate the two sink designs. Let us look at a few factors to help decide which is better.
If you are on a low budget, a drop-in sink is the best choice. Drop-in kitchen sinks are more economical. It is also easy to install, and you can DIY.
Material of the Countertop
If your countertop is made of plywood or laminate material that is not strong enough, a drop-in sink is better as the rim will hold onto the edges. An undermount sink is heavier and won’t be able to keep the weight from underneath.
Available Kitchen Space
For a small spaced kitchen, an undermount sink is better. The space rim will take for a drop-in sink is unworthy.
An under-mount sink will maximize the available space. Try using accessories in the kitchen sink to create more space. However, you can opt for a small drop-in kitchen sink that will take less space.
1. Are Drop-in Kitchen Sinks Outdated?
No. Drop in kitchen sink is not outdated. These models are available in significant plumbing stores and outlets. You can quickly get them on their websites and order online for delivery.
Drop-in kitchen sinks come in various designs and accessories. With time they have been updated to provide the best user experience in the kitchen. The composite drop-in kitchen sinks has been updated and equipped with modern features such as the ledge.
2. Which is More Popular Undermount or Drop-in Sink?
The sink’s popularity may differ depending on one’s taste and preference. However, an under-mount sink is more popular than drop-in kitchen sink. The main reason behind its popularity is its high resale value.
3. Are Drop-in Kitchen Sinks Standard Size?
Yes, Drop in kitchen sinks are recognized as standard-sized. They measure 22 inches by 30 inches. These outside dimensions are standard for a kitchen sink.
The interior dimensions of the sink depending on the thickness of the material used and other accessories in the sink’s cabinet.
Therefore, drop-in sinks from a recognized brand are standard sizes.
4. Can You Use a Drop-in Sink with a Quartz Countertop?
Using a drop-in sink with a quartz countertop is not advisable. The reason is that drop-in sinks need holes for attaching to the quartz top.
Drilling holes on the quartz top is discouraged as it will take time and can damage the quartz top. A drop-in kitchen sink without faucet holes can be used with quartz countertops.
You may also use heavy composite drop-in kitchen sinks since their heavyweight doesn’t require holes for attachment.
5. How Do you Support a Drop-in Sink?
A drop-in sink is supported using metal clips under the countertop to hold the sink in place. You can also apply silicone caulk under the sink’s edge lip in combination with the metal clips.
For the heavily built drop-down kitchen sink, you don’t need to add the clips as the weight can hold it in place with the silicone caulk.
6. Can you Have a Drop-in Sink with Laminate Countertops?
Yes. You can have a drop-in sink with laminate countertops. The drop-in sink covers the edge of the laminate countertop, preventing water damage.
Laminate countertops can be damaged by direct contact with water. Therefore, using an undermount sink with laminate countertops is not recommended.
A drop-in kitchen sink offers the best user experience with unique designs and featured accessories making it enjoyable to wash dishes.
The main focus of these models is a strong body made of stainless steel, ceramic, or fireclay materials to withstand cleaning activities for a long time.
When selecting your preferred drop-in kitchen sink, check through the distinguishing factors to ensure you get the best that suits your preference.
You might be wondering which drop-in kitchen sink is best finally. However, any of the top ten sinks we mentioned here are good to go. The quality and features are up to standard and will fit well in your kitchen.