Looking for the best cast iron farmhouse sinks for the perfect look? We’ve got the top 10 best ranked sinks picked out.
A cast iron farmhouse sink is an excellent option when you have a homey yet elegant look in mind for your kitchen interior. Moreover, cast iron sinks offer grace, reliability, and incomparable performance.
The best cast iron farmhouse sink features a perfect blend of classy and innovative visuals. The material itself, cast iron, is highly durable and often used in high-quality kitchen sinks.
Most cast iron farmhouse sinks have an enamel-coated surface to resist rust, heat, and stains.
In this article, I’ll explore and compare the top 10 cast iron farmhouse sinks on the market today and discuss the key factors to consider before buying.
Best Cast Iron Farmhouse Kitchen Sinks
10 Best Cast Iron Farmhouse Sinks
1. KOHLER Whitehaven Tall Apron Front Cast Iron Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
- Available in a variety of colors
- Basin is designed to slope toward the drain to prevent water from pooling
- A self-Trimming apron overlaps the cabinet face for easy installation and beautiful results
- Offset drain increases workspace in the sink and storage space underneath
- Innovative design adding elegance to your kitchen
- Enameled finish prevents chipping, cracking, and stains
- The large design makes it easy to wash & place cookware without issues
This Kohler Whitehaven large cast iron farmhouse sink has a modernized and sleek appearance. This sink is available in a wide range of the most appealing colors to choose from. It comes with extra racks and basket strainers to produce more space.
Its huge single basin is intended to hold your large pots and pans. The 9 inches deep bowl provides extra space for easy rinsing and cleaning.
You can easily accommodate your utensils in this deep basin sink. The basin is shaped to have a 2-degree slope towards the drain.
The sloped basin can help in better draining and prevents water pooling. Plus, the offset drain style can further increase your workspace above and storage space below the sink.
This sink is created with high-quality cast iron. The materials used are highly durable and long-lasting to offer you incredible and reliable services for a lifetime. With an extra enamel coating, the durability of this extraordinary product becomes hard to beat.
The extra coat of enamel protection allows this farmhouse sink to resist chipping, cracking, or burning. Thus, this enameled cast iron farmhouse sink assures reliable and everlasting performance.
The standard apron front is exclusively designed for easy installation. It is sized for a perfect side-to-side fit to 36-inch industry standard apron front base cabinetry.
- The sloped basin prevents drainage.
- Its bowl is 9 inches deep for convenient cleaning and rinsing
- Easy installation due to the overlapping apron front
- Its drain style creates ample storage space and workspace
- The enamel coating assures a lifetime service
- It’s expensive
2. KOHLER K-5827-FF Whitehaven Single-Bowl White Cast Iron Farmhouse Sink
- The Kohler Whitehaven Sink is available in a graceful biscuit color
- The design contains both cabinet face cutout templates along with countertop cutout template
- Sink basin slopes 2 degrees toward the drain to reduce water pooling
- Its offset style drain expands your workspace and storage space
- The Self-Trimming apron overlays the cabinet faces for easy and quick installation
- Stain, chips, and burn resistant
- Designed for hassle-free installation and maintenance
This KOHLER K-5827-FF white farmhouse sink has an innovative design. The streamlined and incredibly adaptable body features a farmhouse appearance.
This Kohler farmhouse sink is designed to match your kitchen decor. The sink comes in an elegant biscuit color that can complement your kitchen interior perfectly.
The single bowl farmhouse sink is designed with larger dimensions so you can accommodate more utensils in the sink.
The sink is installed in a way to create more storage space underneath. This extra space both above and below the sink has made washing, cleaning, and storing utensils more convenient.
Moreover, the offset drain style can also provide some extra space for larger dishes and stockpots. To have a spacious design the basin is constructed to be 9 inches in depth.
The basin is also made with a 2-degree slope to make water drainage as easy as possible.
The farmhouse sink is crafted with hard-wearing and top-quality material. Cast iron is used as the main component for its manufacture. It is to enhance the reliability and durability of the product.
The sink is also resistant to stains, chips, and burns so that you can enjoy a long-lasting performance.
The sink has a self-trimming apron that can overlap with the cabinet face. The sink can be adjusted in any 33-inch deep cabinet.
- The sloppy basin prevents water drains.
- Resistant to burns, chips, and stains for a lifetime performance
- Offset style creates ample storage space and workspace
- Its innovative design calls for easy maintenance
- Overlaying the apron makes it easy to install
- It scratches easily
- Using a Kohler cleaner can get expensive
3. KOHLER K-6488-7 Self-Trimming Cast Iron Kitchen Sink
- Single, rectangular-shaped bowl
- Relatively, a short apron that allows the sink to be used in much standard cabinetry
- Variety of elegant colors to choose from
- Enamel coating for chips and cut resistance
- Easy to install and maintain
- The sink is a little heavy and may require some additional support
This Kohler K-6488-7 is a single basin rectangular cast iron farmhouse kitchen sink constructed with high-quality cast iron material. The sink comes in a variety of colors. The beautiful colors and chic design make it go amazingly with your décor.
The sink has a short apron. The reduced apron size is almost 7 inches. It allows you to adjust the sink in various standard cabinetries. Such apron fronts can also be easily retrofitted to any of your existing standard cabinetry.
The modernized model doesn’t include any faucet holes. It is crafted with a 2-degree slope for enhanced water drainage. Offset drain placement can prevent water pooling in the basin.
The sink is constructed using Kohler enameled cast iron. The material used is of the finest quality to provide you with a long-lasting lodge.
The thick cast iron prevents chips and cuts while enamel acts as an additional protectant. Enamel coating creates a smooth and non-porous surface that builds resistance against stains and burns. Any food-based stains can be easily cleaned with a soft sponge.
While the ultra-thick coat makes your sink heat-resistant for almost 1000° F. This way you can prevent damage to the sink and enjoy a long-lasting experience.
- The shortened apron fits standard cabinetry.
- For the overlapping basin, expect easy installation
- With a 2 degree sloppy basin, the water drain doesn’t count
- Cut and chips resistant enamel coating
- Its easy installation saves you trimming and cutting work
- Easily scratches
- The uncovered drain may cause a waterflood
4. KOHLER Whitehaven Smart Divide Large Double-Bowl Large Cast Iron Farmhouse Sink
- Durable cast iron built that last a lifetime
- Self-trimming design allows the sink to overlap the cabinet base for a fine finish
- The transitional design allows it to contrast any space and pair with any faucet
- With a smart divide basin feature, you can wash dishes with ease in a full basin
- Available in different colors and a graceful rectangular shape
- The double bowl makes more room for large utensils
- Resist chips and cuts
This double bowl large cast iron farmhouse sink consists of a rectangular double bowl. The sink is available in a wide range of colors.
This sink features a smart divide basin that allows getting the best of both worlds, a single as well as a double basin sink.
The basin style is designed to create more space for work and storage. You can accommodate many large utensils in the sink at a time, leading to easy rinsing and cleaning.
It contains a basin divider that has made washing incredibly easier. You can easily clean and store your big pots and pans in the full basin. Plus, the design includes no faucet holes so that means you can use any type of faucet on the sink.
The farmhouse contemporary style of this cast iron sink is designed to complement any kind of kitchen interior. The sink is guaranteed not to chip, crack or burn, i.e. you get an ever-lasting and reliable product.
- Basin sloping towards the drain minimizes flooding
- It has 9 inches deep basin for a generous workspace
- Two compartments make it easy to clean and rinse separately
- Under-mount and no faucet holes make installation easier
- Its finish is designed to fit any kitchen decor
- Scratches easily
- Heavyweight, about 160 lbs
5. KOHLER K-6486-0 Single-Bowl Cast Iron Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
- Single rectangular bowl with 9-inch depth
- A short apron allows the sink to be used in new or existing standard cabinetry
- Self-Trimming apron overlaps the cabinet face
- Includes cutout templates for easy installation
- Can easily fit in any of your cabinets
- The material used is highly durable and long-lasting
- Doesn’t chip or crack
This Kohler 6486-0 cast iron farmhouse sink consists of a rectangular-shaped single basin. The sink has plenty of space to hold your big utensils. Even with a single bowl you can experience enough workspace for better washing and clean up.
The sink is also designed to avoid water pooling in the basin. It contains a precise slope for efficient drainage. With this 9-inch deep basin sink, you can forget about any drainage issue.
Moreover, offset drains not only just improve the water channel but also increase your space. You get more workspace in the sink and storage space underneath the cabinet top.
This cast iron farmhouse kitchen sink has no faucet holes. Because of this, you can attach any faucet of your choice to the sink.
In case of installation, this cast iron sink offers you the most comfort. Its short 16-inch apron style allows it to be used in new or existing cabinetries. The sink can easily be adjusted in any minimum 30-inch cabinetry.
For your convenience, the product comes with cutout templates. You can easily install and maintain the sink without any professional assistance. Plus, the self-trimming design of the basin overlaps the cabinet face for an easy and clean installation.
Because of the versatility of this sink, you don’t have to go on and buy any cabinetry to hold a new sink.
- Resistant to chip and crack for a long term performance
- Easy installation with the cutout templates
- The short apron fits standard cabinetry
- Materials include iron and cast iron o increase durability
- This rectangular basin can fit any existing cabinet
- Vague instructions
- It does not stand high heat
6. KOHLER K-6487-0 Whitehaven Self-Trimming Cast Iron Farm Sink
- The sink contains a 30-inch minimum base cabinet width
- Self-Trimming apron overlays the cabinet faces for easy and quick installation
- 9-inch deep basin with a 2-degree slope towards the drain
- Single rectangular basin design with larger space
- Comparatively tall, 16-inch apron
- Easy to install by yourself
- Enamel coating effectively prevents cuts, stains, and burns
- No water pooling, better water drainage because of a slope in the basin
- Limited lifetime warranty
This Kohler K-6487-0 self triming cast iron sink contains a single bowl with a rather tall apron. The farmhouse kitchen sink is available in a white color that can complement any of your interiors.
You can use the sink with different kitchen decor as it can enhance the overall elegance of the room.
This cast iron farmhouse sink is made of premium quality material for better durability. Generally, cast iron farmhouse sinks are much more reliable and long-lasting.
The sink apron is 16 inches tall to give you some additional space for work. You get a pretty spacious environment while working in your kitchen.
The bowl is designed to accommodate most of your stuff easily. The basin is intended for washing, cleaning, and storing your stuff. Even with a single bowl, the sink has enough room for large utensils.
The basin is created with a little slope to prevent water from overflowing or clogging. The basin is almost 9 inches deep and has a 2-degree slope for excellent drainage.
The sink also has a self-trimming feature for quick and easy installation. It allows the sink to overlap the cabinet face for easy cleanup.
- Its 30-inch width provides a large workspace
- Self-trimming apron for easy installation
- The sloppy basin prevents water flooding
- Burns, stains, and cuts resistant due to the enamel coating
- Scratches easily
- A lifetime warranty is limited
7. KOHLER K-6487-0 Riverby Single Bowl Cast Iron Farmhouse Sink
- Base cabinet width is a minimum of 36-inch
- Approximately 16 inches tall apron front
- 2-degree basin slope toward drain to diminish water pooling
- Five oversized faucet holes for easy faucet installation
- Prevents water pooling and drain clogging
- Spacious work and storage area above or below the cabinets
- Additional protectant enamel layers
- Stains and burn resistant
- A little expansive
K-5871-5UA3-0 Riverby is a single bowl cast iron farmhouse sink by Kohler. The kitchen farmhouse sink is designed to provide additional space for many utensils.
The 9 inches deep sink basin and almost 16-inch tall apron front can hold most of your stuff at one time.
Moreover, it also creates a slope for better drainage. The basin slopes 2 degrees towards the drain to keep water inside the sink. It will help you avoid water pooling in the sink.
This has made washing and cleaning a lot easier than before. It can create a channel of water towards the drain for better drainage.
Undermount configuration allows you to install the sink under the cabinet top. Plus, the offset drain style further increases your workspace and storage space underneath the cabinet.
This farmhouse sink has been designed to avoid chips and cuts. Extra protective coating on such sinks acts as a sealant and prevents stain and heat damage. The sink is resistant to food-based stains or high temperatures.
The enameled cast iron sink last longer compared to sinks with no coating. The sink comes with 5 oversized faucet holes.
These holes help inconvenient installation of faucets and other accessories. The white color finish of this sink can contrast any interior.
You can adjust the sink in any new or existing cabinetry. Any cabinet with a minimum of 36 inches base width can hold this sink perfectly. The installation is quite easy you won’t require any expert help for it.
- It doesn’t burn, crack, or chip
- Stain-resistant due to the enamelled cast iron
- Resistant to heat
- Its materials are from recycled components
- Versatile options to complement the kitchen interior
- Sometimes stains may be hard to clean
- Some designs can’t fit standard cabinets
8. DeerValley DV-1K028 White Reversible Double Bowl Cast Iron Farmhouse Sink
- The farmhouse sink apron front is created with durable and natural porcelain material
- It is designed to provide resistance to impact, stains, and scratches
- The sink is 10 inches deep for better drainage
- Dual bowls provide more space for your working
- Can complement any of your interiors
- Built with hard-wearing cast iron
DeerValley reversible cast iron farmhouse kitchen sink consists of double bowls to provide more space. Both of the basins are spacious enough for rinsing and storing your dishes. With two basins you can wash and sort your stuff at the same time.
This double bowl cast iron sink illustrates a stunning combination of excellent engineering and modern style. It can give your room a unique appearance.
The design includes a flat apron front while the offset drain can modernize your kitchen interior. It will also increase your workspace.
This cast iron farmhouse sink is made of high-quality top-class material for lifetime performance. The apron front of the sink is specially made of naturally durable and long-lasting porcelain material.
Porcelain acts as shock-resistant and can endure heavy impacts. In contrast, the sink basin is made of the finest ceramic for enhanced strength.
The white rectangular cast iron sink basin is approximately 10 inches deep. The deep basin has a slope for improved drainage and water channel. You can prevent clogging of the sink and pooling of water as well.
The surface of the sink is covered with a stain and scratch-resistant material. It allows the sink to withstand daily wear and conserve its luster even after several years. It can also prevent major damage due to chips and cuts. Thus, the DeerValley farmhouse sink has a longer lifetime.
You can install and maintain the sink without any hassle. It is exclusively designed for easy installation so that you won’t require any professional assistance expert skills or tools.
This heavy-duty cast iron sink is an ideal option for your kitchen it provides a blend of excellent performance and chic style.
- Double basins do washing and sinking separately convenient
- It has a reversible design
- Built of naturally durable material to impact resistance
- The basin is deep enough for soaking, washing, and drying dishes
- Its decorative appearance fits any kitchen interior
- Its heavyweight may increase shipping cost
- Too thick and would cost you time installing it
9. KOHLER K-5664-0 Self-Trimming Apron Front Cast Iron Farm Sink
- The sink can fit a minimum 24-inch apron sink base cabinet
- Includes cutout templates for better installation
- No specific faucet holes
- Drain is present in the center of the bowl
- Central drain provides better drainage
- Easy and convenient installation
- A sloped basin create a path for water movement towards the basin
This Kohler K-5664-0 is a single bowl cast iron farmhouse kitchen sink with a shorter apron front. The streamlined and versatile body of the sink offers better space for work.
Even with a single bowl you get enough space for washing and storing your dishes.
The basin is 9 inches deep making more room for your stuff. Plus, it also improves the water channel towards the drain. Basin has some degrees of slope to divert water to the drain for better drainage. You will never have to worry about water pooling and clogging.
The drain is also made in the center, for better water movement. The apron front of this cast iron farmhouse kitchen sink is relatively shorter so you can use the sink in a new or existing standard cabinet.
Due to this feature, you can easily install the sink in new cabinetry or retrofitted it in existing standard cabinetry.
Easy installation saves your money on additional tools or professional assistance. The sink’s apron front contains a self-trimming configuration that is designed to overlap the cabinet face. Thus, you can install and maintain it without any worries.
- Its 24-inch sink fits standard and industry-standard cabinets
- The cutout templates ease installation
- The drain is at the center of the basin for better drainage
- Installation is easy and convenient
- The sloppy bowl leads to the drain to ease water movement
- Faucet holes are not specified
- The heavyweight, you may need additional support
10. KOHLER K-5665-0 Tall Apron Cast Iron Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
- The sink can fit in a minimum 24 inches base cabinet
- Installation requires extra support
- A self-Trimming apron overlaps the cabinet face for easy installation and beautiful results
- This cast iron farmhouse sink with drainboard has no faucet holes
- Constructed with high quality cast iron
- Sink elegant style can complement your interior
- Offer better drainage and cleaning
- Different faucets can be used on this sink
Kohler K-5665-0 is a single bowl cast iron sink with a tall apron front. This cast iron farmhouse kitchen sink comes in a variety of different colors. The combination of elegant design and graceful colors can take your interior to next level.
The streamlined body of this cast iron sink not only delivers excellent performance but also enhances the charm of your room.
The sink comprises a 9-inch deep basin to hold many large dishes. Even with a single bowl, this sink can provide enough space for better cleaning and storage. Plus, the basin is a little inclined toward the drain for better water movement.
This cast iron farmhouse sink helps you prevent water pooling in the sink by offering efficient drainage. 2-degree slopes in the basin direct water straight to the drain and avoid clogs. The drain is also present in the center of the bowl to constantly channel the water into it.
Kohler designed the sink to provide exceptional performance and comfort to the user. You can install and maintain the sink without any hassle. The sink can fit into a minimum 24 inches deep base cabinet. You can easily install it in any new or existing cabinetry.
The self-trimming apron of the sink overlays the cabinet face and offers easy installation.
- It has a standard apron for easy installation
- It has a 24-inch base that fits any cabinet
- It’s made of premium cast iron for a long life span
- You can apply various faucets to the sink
- Basin elegant style to match any decor
- This heavy sink needs extra support in installing
- No faucet holes
Cast Iron Sink Buying Guide
A cast iron farmhouse sink will not only provide exceptional performance but can also add a substance of luxury to any kitchen.
That’s why you should be aware before buying. Here are some important factors to consider while selecting a cast iron farmhouse sink that matches your requirements.
Cast iron farmhouse sinks come in a variety of sizes. As they are intended for heavy-duty cleaning, most of them are pretty voluminous. The average depth is normally between 30 to 33 inches, while the height and width may vary in different models.
You should be aware of the precise size of your cabinets. The enameled cast iron apron front sinks are those that perfectly fit in your cabinet. Measure your cabinet entirely to determine the size of the farmhouse sink suitable for you.
You can also change your cabinetry to the one accepting your favorite sink model. But it’s not often recommended as it may affect the cabinet warranty. It can also alter the reliability of the cabinet’s structure.
You can modify your existing cabinetry or just look for a sink size compatible with your cabinet.
Drain Size & Location
It is also important to consider the size and exact location of the sink drain. As the drain position and size determine the effectiveness of water drainage.
A slow-draining sink can be distressing as it is difficult to clean up. There are more chances of water pooling and drain clogging in such sinks.
Larger drainage makes enough room for water to quickly move out. If any sink fails to do so there are chances of water poling and gathering. Thus a larger cast iron farmhouse sink with a drainboard will do the work (with its bigger drain holes).
Either a center or corner drain location is preferred. But in both conditions, the bottom of a sink should have a slope inwards toward the drain. This will allow water to directly channel to the drain. A better cast iron sink can avoid water pooling and drain clogging.
With a relatively larger drain with a central or side position can you can have the best rinsing and cleaning experience. But you can choose among the enameled cast iron apron front sinks that suit your needs the best.
Type of Bowl
Cast iron apron front sinks may either have a single basin to function or a dual basin system, both separated by a divider to create more space for work. The choice of a bowl type depends on your preference.
You can make this decision by knowing how you intend to use the sink. You should be aware that single bowls are larger and are better for washing larger utensils and cookware including deep pans and pots.
On the other hand, the double bowls allow you to separate food prep space from the dirty dishes. You can prepare, wash, clean, and store at the same time.
Carefully decide the type of bowl compatible with your requirements. This will help you better take your pick from a collection of fine enameled cast iron apron front sinks.
One of the most important factors to keep in mind before purchasing a cast iron farmhouse sink is the mode of installation.
Most farmhouse sinks installation configuration depends upon your cabinetry. The sink requires custom cabinetries or support in case you are using existing cabinets.
The strength and size of the cabinetry determine the mode of installation for your sink. Some of the sinks completely depend upon the underlying cabinet.
But some are Undermount sinks, such as certain Kohler enameled cast iron farmhouse sink models, which are attached to the support below. (Check out the comparison: undermount vs farmhouse sink)
Be sure to have proper installation space and support system.
Some sinks are comparatively heavier than others, so you may have to create some additional support in the cabinet for better installation.
Finally, never forget to check the warranty that a cast iron farmhouse sink manufacturer is offering. High-quality sink creators also include some kind of warranty on their products as is the case with Kohler enameled cast iron farmhouse sinks.
Some of the models are covered by a lifetime but limited warranty. Some of them have a lifetime warranty that is a free warranty from the manufacturers. They cover parts or finishing defects or shipping damages.
Some models are covered by a lifetime warranty while some offer a limited lifetime warranty; choose wisely!
Cast Iron Farmhouse Kitchen Sink Installation Guide
Unpack and measure the total dimensions of the sink. Precisely measure the length and width of the bowl. Now measure and mark out cuts for the sinkhole in the countertop according to the sink readings.
Cut the holes out of the countertops around the marked lines. Use a spade drill to cut a hole for the sink to put in.
Prepare additional support if the sink is too heavy for cabinetry to hold. Use plywood to create a support system for the sink to be adjusted on.
Cut some pieces of wood into the support beams at any side of the sink. Place this sized support on the template under the sinkhole and drill some holes through both the wood and the cabinetry. Once the support woods are in level drill more holes and secure them to the cabinet with screws.
Use caulk or putty to seal the sink in the cabinet.
Install water lines, faucets drain lines, or any other accessories in the cast iron sink. Now your cast iron sink is ready for use.
How to Maintain a Cast Iron Kitchen Sink
It is good to regularly clean and maintains your cast iron sink by washing it with soap and water. Cast iron sinks are easier to clean. You can restore your dirty sinks with just a couple of simple steps:
- Mix water and dishwashing soap together in a bucket.
- Clean the sink with a cloth, sponge, or rag using the water-soap mixture.
- Be sure to use no abrasive cleaners as they can leave scratches on the shiny surface (never use wired brushes and coarse sponges.)
- Thoroughly rinse the whole sink to remove the soap.
- Dry the sink with a clean piece of cloth.
- You can put baking soda and water on oily stains.
Apart from cleaning you should also take regular care of your cast iron sink to protect it from damages:
- Use a plastic rack to prevent scratches and chips
- Don’t leave heavy utensils i.e. deep pans and pots in the sink for a long time.
- Avoid leaving any food items in the sink which may leave stains on the surface
There are a wide variety of cast iron sinks in the market. I have provided 10 picks for the best cast iron farmhouse kitchen sink. They all differ in their design, quality, and functioning. But every one of the sinks is best in some way and provides exceptional performance.
But, the best of the best is the KOHLER Whitehaven Cast Iron Farmhouse Kitchen Sink. The sink is available in a wide range of colors to choose from. It offers excellent performance. It can completely boost the interior decor of your room. Overall, I have a preference the sink due to its manufacturing excellence.
I hope these top 10 best cast iron farmhouse sinks help you make an informed decision.