Choosing the right black kitchen sink can make your kitchen look amazing. A black kitchen sink can bring a touch of elegance and refinement to any kitchen. If you want to make a big style statement in your kitchen, finding the best black kitchen sink is a must.
Whether you’re looking for a stark, modern look or something more traditional, black kitchen sinks are a great option. They’re also easy to care for, so you can keep them looking fresh and new year after year. Unlike stainless steel or white sinks, a black sink can hide all kinds of smudges and everyday wear and tear with minimal cleaning or maintenance. Often seen in the trendiest and most current kitchens, black sinks are the epitome of modern charm.
There is a variety of different black kitchen sinks available on the market, so it’s important to choose the one that is right for your needs. Some of the factors to consider when choosing a black kitchen sink include material, size, and style.
Quick Comparison: Best Black Finish Kitchen Sinks
Top 10 Best Black Kitchen Sink Reviews:
1. THE DELTA FAUCET Everest Granite Composite Black Kitchen Sink
- Made of granite composite material
- Undermount design
- Easy installation
- Glossy black finish
The DELTA FAUCET Everest granite composite black kitchen sink has a multifunctional workspace that fits most of your kitchen’s basic needs.
This black sink comes with built-in drying slots and a cutting board that is easy to clean. A roll-up drying rack and utensil holder will look to protect your counters as it dries your dishes. There is a self-drain design drying mat made of silicon for perfect drainage.
The sink has large dimensions to hold large items. Beneath the sink is more storage thanks to the rear offset drain. Since the sink comes with an under-mount design, mounting is not exposed, making it easy to install with an impeccable appearance.
Granite composite absorbs sound boosting the vibration and sound reduction feature. With the color-stable material all over the bowl, it will keep its original color for the longest time.
The granite composite black sink is a non-porous and dense material that makes cleaning easier. It offers a soft and smooth surface that doesn’t allow stains to stick. You won’t need an extra flange mechanism for garbage disposal installation. The slope is optimized to ensure the fragile stemware does not tip.
Cut-out templates and mounting hardware ensures fast and easy installation. With a lifetime limited warranty, the black kitchen sink guarantees your satisfaction.
- The under-mount design makes installation easier hence giving a modern look.
- High-capacity basin to create a larger working space
- It’s made up of advanced granite that’s easy to clean and resistant to thermal shock, impact, scratches, and stains
- Manufacturers have made it for durability and designed it with metallic particles for a luxurious look
- The sink bottom is sloppy to draining water easily
- It’s expensive compared to the other products on this list
2. Lordear 33 Inch Double Bowl Black Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Style: Farmhouse Apron-Front
- Color: Gunmetal Black, Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 33 x 21 x 10 inches
- Finish: Brushed
This sink proves that stainless steel apron-front sinks can be as beautiful as the same sinks with different materials. It comes in two colors, and both colors highly complement your kitchen interior. The sink is a combination of craftsmanship and durable construction to withstand high abuse in your kitchen for years.
We loved its solid stainless steel build. This double bowl sink got a nano surface treatment to make it more resistant to scratches and water stains. Due to the surface finish, no water will stand inside the sink. So, you will have fewer water stains inside that ruin the look of stainless steel sinks.
The sink bottom has an X pattern slope to drain water immediately after use. Each bowl has one drain hole in the center for convenient drainage. The sink comes with necessary accessories such as drain assembly, bottom grid, and roll-up rack. As a result, your chores on the sink will be a lot easier.
This gunmetal black sink looks stunning in all conditions. The sink surface has a brushed finish to give it a more rustic look. And the sidewalls of the sink are thick enough to withstand high impact. And the apron front of the sink is a bit curved to add some style to your kitchen counter.
- Large sink with a double bowl to classify chores
- All necessary accessories are included
- Solid construction of the sink makes it highly durable
- Stain and scratch resistant surface finish retaining the look
- Easy drainage with a uniquely shaped bottom
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- Gunmetal color is prone to fading
- The bottom grid isn’t that sturdy
3. Sarlai 30 inch Apron Front Black Kitchen Sink
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Style: Farmhouse
- Color: Gunmetal Black, Stainless Steel
- Dimensions: 30 x 22 x 10 inches
- Finish: Matte
This one is a bit shorter in length compared to the previous sink. So, it can be your best choice if you have a compact kitchen. The sink will perfectly suit modern kitchens with its sharp edges and matte finish.
The sink is built of high-strength 16-gauge stainless steel in terms of construction. As a result, it has enough strength to resist dents from heavy impacts. And the surface coating of the sink is resistant to scratches. So, the sink will retain its beauty even after prolonged use.
Besides being scratch-resistant, the sink is very easy to clean and maintain. No water trace will remain on the sink because of the nano brushed finish. And the bottom slope will help drain water very fast. As a result, the sink will keep from water stains.
The gunmetal black color highly suits the character of the sink. It has sharp edges and lines to have a more contemporary look to it. All the necessary accessories like the bottom grid, colander, roll-up rack, cutting board, etc., come with the sink. So, you don’t need to buy them separately.
Its apron front is slightly curved that you might not notice from a distance. We found this single bowl sink to be deep enough to handle all dishes in the kitchen.
- Strong 16-gauge stainless steel construction for timeless performance
- Sturdy joints to prevent dents and damages
- Stain and scratch-resistant finish for longer service life
- Clean edges for a minimal look
- Perfect size for small kitchens
- All accessories included
- Sidewalls aren’t that thick
- It might need more space than assumed
4. VASOYO Stainless Steel Black Kitchen Sink
- Black finish
- Apron front installation
- Rectangle shape
- Sliding track
- Matte black gunmetal finish
- NANO PVD techniques
The Vasoyo 33 inch stainless steel black kitchen sink is one of the most popular black sinks out there. It is made of dent-resistant 16 gauge stainless steel, which makes it long-lasting and extremely strong. This matte black kitchen sink with gunmetal finishing gives it a look of sophistication alongside your other kitchen furniture.
Using the latest technology i.e., NANO-PVD techniques, make it scratch and rust-resistant. It doesn’t dull over time. Stains of any kind do not damage the sink and can be washed off with just soap and water.
Its farmhouse apron front installation method is just another reason to buy it. This rectangular-shaped black kitchen sink also offers a multifunctional workspace. It is constructed with ledges on both the front and back sides for support and holding items. Especially convenient for small kitchens.
The sliding track can fit any accessory with the appropriate size. From just a sink mode, it can be switched to fit a wooden cutting board, stainless steel colander, or a dish drying roll-up rack.
The other features that come along with this product are the previously installed sound insulation pads. They minimize all the clashing and clanging of the pots and pans.
It has a standard-size drain opening of 3.5 inches. A sloped bottom and X-shaped design allow easy drainage and water flow. It has a 10-inch deep bowl which is the largest size for a single basin sink. The gently rounded corners of the inner bowl maximize the workspace and make it easier to clean.
- The VASOYO sink is made of stainless steel for superior durability, strength and resistance to dent.
- Its front and back ledges provide a generous space
- With the noise reduction padding, it is less noise when using the sink
- Rounded inside corners makes it easy to clean
- Sloped bottom designed for fast drainage
- Warranty is limited
- Scratches easily
5. Kraus Quarza Double Bowl Black Kitchen Sink
- Black onyx finish
- Dual mounting
- Naturally hygienic
- Elegant design
- Dirt resistant
- Slightly sloped bottom
The Kraus Quarza black kitchen sink is a 33 inch double bowl kitchen sink. Both the bowls are of equal 50/50 size. It is made of granite and has an elegant black onyx color which can complement any kitchen.
The finishing touch is also done using black onyx color. The black onyx is actually a UV stable material that prevents discoloration with time.
It has a very convenient dual mount design, which allows you to install it in more than one way. You can either install it as a black under mount double kitchen sink or as a drop-in with any countertop.
The split basin sinks give you a lot of capacity for independently using both of them for washing, drying, or soaking.
The granite used in the construction of this sink can withstand very extreme temperatures. It has been designed to resist thermal shock and temperature fluctuations. It has a non-porous surface that is naturally hygienic. It is resistant to dirt, grime, and stains and can be cleaned with just a single wipe.
Although there are no sound-reducing pads installed, the thick material used for the construction can eliminate the sounds quite well. It eliminates all the water and kitchenware vibrations in the sink.
A slightly sloped bottom allows quick and easy draining. In this way, there is no standing water left in the sink. Any type of garbage disposal can fit into the hollow space.
The extra features included in the packaging are a drain assembly, a bracket strainer, towel, mounting hardware, and a cutout template.
- Engineered with thick materials for noise and vibration reduction
- Designed to resist heat
- Made of non-porous materials and silver ions for easier cleaning
- The UV-stable component will not see the sink fade for the longest time
- The bottom of the sink slopes gently for quick drainage
- A lifetime warranty is limited
- Cleaning is rather hard compared to the other sinks on this list.
6. Ruvati Gunmetal Stainless Steel Matte Black Kitchen Sink
- Black matte
- 16 gauge stainless steel
- Single large bowl
- Long lasting
- Modern, lavish look
- Centered drain
- Sandblasted PVD finish
- Low maintenance
The Ruvati black matte stainless steel kitchen sink is one of the top ten black kitchen sinks in the world. The sink is constructed of very thick and strong 16 gauge stainless steel. Stainless steel gives it the guarantee that it will never rust or tarnish.
The black color is applied using a new technique that is the sandblasted PVD finish. This technique makes it resistant to wearing off and scratches. The matte black kitchen sinkgunmetal finish resists any and all fingerprint traces and stains.
It is a farmhouse style stainless steel sink with an apron front installation method. The outer dimensions are 30 inches x 20 inches, while the interior bowl is only 28” x 18”.
There is a single large bowl that is approximately 9 inches deep. If this black kitchen sink is to be paired with a blank countertop, it would definitely be the centerpiece of your kitchen.
The sink has a standard drain size that can fit any garbage disposal item. It has a sloped bottom and 4 drain grooves that let the water flow directly into the drain.
In this way, no water accumulates on the base and the sink remains dry and clean. A minimum cabinet of 33 inches can fit underneath the sink.
Heavy-duty coating and thick rubber pads are fitted in all four walls to dull noises and vibrations. All the inner corners are a bit curved to avoid damaging the kitchenware. They also make cleaning easier and give a modern look at the same time.
- Long-lasting stainless steel sink
- The matte finish gives a modern and lavish kitchen look
- Needs low maintenance
- It fits garbage disposal items perfectly
- It’s easy to clean
- The flat bottom causes poor drainage
- It’s rather expensive
7. TORVA Gloss Stainless Steel Black Kitchen Sink
- 32 inches
- Great strength
- 10 inch deep bowl
- Dual mounting
- Soundproof pads
- No obstructions on the sink
- Ceramic NANO coating
- Standard drain holes
The TORVA 32 inch gloss black kitchen sink is one of the most popular black kitchen sinks around the globe. It has been crafted using premium quality 16 gauge stainless steel. The steel is very thick and ensures flawless functionality and great strength. The gloss black ceramic coating gives it an extravagant look and doesn’t dull from daily use.
The under-mount installation method provides you with the extra space you need in your kitchen. The only space you lose is that which the sink takes up.
Besides that, it offers you lots of counter space and smooth wiping off the counter spaces. Since there are no obstructions on the sink sides, food particles can be thrown directly into it.
The exterior dimensions of it are 32” x 19” while the interior sink is 30” x 17”. The bowl depth is exactly 10 inches which provide the needed capacity for washing and soaking larger items. As per black stainless steel sink reviews, this item is quite the popular choice when it comes to black kitchen sinks.
In order to create a quieter kitchen environment, the basins are undercoated with soundproofing pads. They minimize the volume of running water and other disturbances. An anti-condensation spray has also been added to avoid cabinet condensation.
Ceramic nano coating has been achieved with the help of CERAKOTE, who are expert in coating technology. This coating offers multiple features to the sink such as hydro repellent, rust proof, scratch and dent resistant, etc. it ensures a safe, environment-friendly kitchen and also adds a touch of elegance to the workspace.
- The 16 gauge thick stainless steel provides an easy cleaning sink
- Ceramic coating for rust-proof, temperature proof, scratch resistance and hydro-repellent bowl
- Sound dampening pads reduce sound
- It comes with scrub sponges, a cutout template, mounting hardware, and a basket strainer.
- The ceramic nano-coating provides a surface repellent to oil and water
- You will need extra support to lift its heavyweight
- It’s still vulnerable to scratch
8. Kraus Quarza Granite Black Undermount Kitchen Sink
- Flawless functioning
- Dirt and grime resistant
- Black onyx finish is UV stable
- 31 inches in size
- Non porous surface
- Granite can withstand extreme temperatures
- Compatible with any garbage disposal
The Kraus Quarza Granite black kitchen sink is renowned in the industry for its flawless performance and dependability. The sink is made with 80% natural quartz, which offers lifelong performance and extreme durability. Although the remaining 20% is made of resin, it gives a feel of real stone. The black onyx finish is a UV stable material and does not dull with time.
The under-mount installation style offers extra workspace and enough capacity. The rectangular sink features only a single deep black kitchen sink bowl and is 31 inches in size.
Drop-in installation can also be opted for if the countertop has already been constructed. It has a naturally hygienic, non-porous surface that is dirt and grime-resistant. Thus, it requires less maintenance and can be cleaned with just one swipe.
It has a rear-set drain that is very suitable for the cabinet underneath. The minimum cabinet size that can fit underneath is 33”. The standard drain is compatible with all types of garbage disposal adapters.
Even though there are no X channel grooves, the gently sloped bottom allows the water to flow smoothly. The granite surface has the ability to withstand random temperature oscillations and can bear hot drinks and food items too.
Besides the kitchen sink, the other included components are a basket strainer, a kitchen towel, mounting hardware, and a cutout template.
- It has an undermount installation that provides a large capacity and workspace.
- Its hygienic and non-porous surface is resistant to dirt and grime
- The rear set drain works perfectly underneath the cabinet
- With the granite surface, you don’t have to worry about hot foods and drinks or fluctuating temperatures
- Included are a cutout template, mounting hardware, kitchen towel and basket strainer
- Top mount is difficult and may need professional help
- It tends to break easily, especially when hit with hard and heavy items
9. BLANCO Anthracite Under-mount Black Kitchen Sink
- Siligranit construction
- Metallic shine
- Anthracite color
- Hygienic surface
- Generous basin size
- Heat resistant
When it comes to black kitchen sink reviews, it is clear that BLANCO UNIT is one of the best options as per black sink reviews. It is made of silgranit, which is a certified granite composite material. It is very resistant and much stronger and more durable than other sink materials. This sink is available in the color anthracite and has a metallic shine to it.
The black sink has a dual mount installation style which can be either the drop-in or the under-mount method. The exterior dimensions are 33.5” x 22” x 9.5”. A minimum 36” cabinet can fit beneath the sink. It is well known for its generous basin size, which can fit any of the largest pots and pans. The super single is an excellent choice and has much room for rinsing, washing and soaking, etc.
The silgranit is manufactured to handle the toughest kitchen tasks. It is extra durable and is heat, scratch, dent, and stain resistant. It also has thermal resistivity to hot pans and pots. It does not discolor, burn or melt from temperature fluctuations.
Another benefit that this black sink offers is its low maintenance. It has been built with a non porous, hygienic surface that doesn’t require much work to keep clean. Food items, liquids and residues of all sorts can be easily wiped from countertops into the sinks without any obstructions.
The other components of the sink are a cutout template and mounting hardware. The optional accessories you can buy are a grid and cutting board that can fit into the tracks of the sink.
- You can either opt for undermount and drop-in installation
- It has a large working space for washing, rinsing and washing large pans and pots
- It’s designed to bear the heat and resist stain, dent and scratch
- The non-porous and hygienic surface is easy to clean and needs low maintenance
- There are additional components, including mounting hardware and a cutout template
- It is prone to crack after more than two years
- Rather ages faster than the other kitchen sinks in this list
10. Friho 33 Inch Stainless Steel Black Kitchen Sink
- Made of 18 gauge stainless steel
- Can accommodate garbage disposals
- Brilliant black polish
- Large sink bowl
- Smooth water flow
The Friho 33 inch black kitchen sink is made of durable 18 gauge stainless steel. With a matte black color and black polish, it is a top-quality black kitchen sink out there. It ensures a lifetime experience without any scratches and dulling. The 18 gauge steel is premium quality and is dent resistant.
This matte black kitchen sink has a top mount drop-in installation method with a single large bowl. The exterior dimensions are 33” x 22” x 10”. Whereas, the basin size is 30” x 17” x 10”. The overall sink depth is 10 inches which is the largest size available for a single bowl sink. It also has rounded corners. This makes this deep black kitchen sink super easy to clean and work with.
Like most kitchen sinks, this one also has a standard drain size of 3.5 inches. The handmade X flume design is a really beneficial and aesthetic feature. Not only does it allow the water to run directly into the drain but it also gives a modern look to the entire setting.
Insulative padding is installed on all sides of the rectangular sink to reduce the noise. Friho kitchen sinks also have stone guard undercoating inside the walls of the sink that dampen the extra annoying sounds.
There are 2 punching holes and 2 faucet drilling holes. Other free accessories include a dish grid and a basket strainer.
- Isolative padding technology for noise reduction
- Stainless steel finish makes a dent-resistant and durable sink
- Its X flume design eases water drainage
- Garbage proposals fit perfectly
- The basins come with a basket strainer and dish grid
- Slow drainage due to the flat bottom
- Limited warranty
Key Factors to Check before Buying a Black Kitchen Sink
Size and Shape
Always consider your workload in the kitchen and the tasks you have to perform using your sink. You can have a kitchen sink with one, one and a half, or two bowls, depending on your workload.
Opt for a double bowl sink if you spend a lot of time preparing food and doing washing and similar tasks in the kitchen. Two bowls make soaking and rinsing easier and are more convenient to handle heavy duty tasks.
If you often work with big and heavy pans, then go for a deeper sink, for instance, a farmhouse sink. One with a separate drainer will allow you to dry dishes even more easily. A dinner board allows you to do food preparation comfortably.
If you are replacing an old sink or remodeling your kitchen, choose the new one keeping in mind the space available and the plumbing underneath. It includes the holes present in your old sink.
The height and weight of your new sink also matter. In the case of a heavier sink, not only does the size of the draining pipes need consideration, but also the support underneath it to keep it in place.
The material of the kitchen sink depends on your personal preference, as well as your budget. Each material has its own pros and cons and you can go for any at your convenience.
Marble and granite sinks look graceful and lavish, but at the same time, they are quite expensive, especially as compared to commonly used stainless steel kitchen sinks.
Stainless steel and copper sinks are more prone to be germ-resistant and hygienic. Fireclay and porcelain kitchen sinks are stain resistant and go along modern as well as traditional kitchen settings.
The type of sink that you choose for your kitchen mainly depends on the available space and plumbing. If you have less space, an under-mount sink without a drainer is ideal for it.
Inset sinks are great for all types of countertops and can be installed without much hassle. They usually come with a drainer that gives ample space for drying dishes.
Maintenance is a great factor to consider when choosing a black kitchen sink. Bear in mind, things like oil, dirt, and acids from different food materials are going to stay as a residue all over it.
Also, if you are not a meticulous user, then consider a scratch free material that is stain resistant too. It will last longer, with low maintenance and without showing many signs of neglect.
Choose a matte black kitchen sink with a dull finish if you are not able to keep up with drying it properly after every use.
This way, you won’t have to worry about keeping the polished surface shining and up-to-date. Also, you won’t have to polish it often.
To clean the soap build up and white stains due to limescale, you can use dish soap or home remedies like vinegar and baking soda etc. Rinse with warm water and dry using a soft cloth to finish it off.
Black Kitchen Sink Pros and Cons
While the trending black kitchen sinks look trendy and chic, they are usually a no-no for most people. It makes a bold statement in your kitchen and it better be aligned well with the rest of the kitchen fittings and accessories.
- Black sinks are a great fit for modern kitchens and blend well with all sorts of modern or classic settings. Black color shines well among the stainless steel appliances; yet it is a great fit with classic wooden cabinets and settings.
- A black kitchen sink makes a distinctive statement piece in a kitchen. They are a popular pick for contemporary kitchen setting.
- Black kitchen sinks are a good option, if you are looking for something that is low maintenance. Black color can easily mask minor scratches, stains and residue as compared to white ones that show every little thing on them.
- Stainless steel black sinks get scratched easily. They have a fine, black acrylic coating that can be damaged by sharp objects or heavier pans. So, they need to be handled carefully; otherwise, the coating doesn’t last for long in its original condition.
- Black kitchen sinks usually get white spots because of soap residue if not cleaned properly after every use. Limescale can be another reason for the whitish layer on a black sink. Though it is not hard to get rid of this white residue, it just needs proper cleaning on a regular basis.
- Most black sinks are more expensive than stainless steel or ceramic kitchen sinks because of the material they are made of. Quartz and granite composite are durable but pricey.
5 Reasons to Choose a Black Finish Sink
Black and white are the two timeless colors that never go out of fashion. You can use them in any room and it will never go wrong.
1. Easily Contrasts and Matches
White kitchen sinks have always been used in traditional and classic settings. Black, on the contrary, is a bold choice. It goes well with stainless steel accessories, can be contrasted with white marble surfaces and even with various tones of wooden cabinets and countertops.
A black kitchen sink is an unfailing piece that would fit in any color scheme. You can contrast it with any color and it stands out perfectly well. It is the first thing to catch the eye of the whole kitchen.
There are tons of black kitchen reviews with the latest designs to prove that black is a sophisticated choice for a kitchen sink. The Black and white contrast in the kitchen is unusual but imparts hints of luxury and modernity.
Black kitchen sinks look chic and stylish. Whether you have it in a matte or shiny finish, the black color changes the look of the whole setting. Most contemporary kitchen designs rely on black color to break the age-old monotony of white or wooden cabinets.
5. Low maintenance
A modern black kitchen sink is a great option for people who don’t have ample time at hand to clean after every use. Neither will it fade like white kitchen sinks, nor will it show each and every stain.
How do You Clean a Black Composite Sink?
Are black sinks hard to keep clean? No! Cleaning black composite kitchen sinks is not a difficult or complicated task. Harsh chemicals and tough cleaners are definitely a no-no for a black sink. Soap scum and residue can be easily wiped off using a soft cloth.
However, for tougher stains, use a mild dishwashing soap with warm water. Wiping off the sink with a soft, wet cloth regularly after finishing washing is always a good idea. This saves you the hassle of deep cleaning after every few weeks.
In case of more stubborn scum, use a mild detergent and let soak for a while and then scrub gently. DIY cleaners like vinegar added to warm water are a good remedy to get rid of limescale and suds as well. Another trick is to sprinkle baking soda and then rinse with warm water.
For older stains and scum, a mixture of baking soda, vinegar, and dish soap is sure to work wonders. Cover the surface with dish towels and then spray the mixture, allow it to soak for a while, and then wash it off.
Always pat dry with a soft cloth after you are done washing. Porcelain being a tough material, can be treated with hydrogen peroxide once in a while to get rid of dirt and scum etc.
Black Sink vs White Sink: Why Black is the Best?
The best thing about a black kitchen sink is not only the unique color but also the fact that it will not fade over time. A black kitchen sink is unusual and depicts your particular taste as well as style.
A white kitchen sink reflects your love for traditional settings. Black looks more sleek and contemporary, as compared to white that has been used everywhere throughout the ages.
Black sinks have a darker finish that allows them to conceal minor chips, dents, etc. Also, day to day stains and residue does not show much on the surface.
For this reason, a black sink is a low maintenance fitting as compared to a white one. Black sinks also do not fade with the passage of time and retain their finish for a longer period. So, this durability is another added feature.
A black sink can go with almost all color schemes in a kitchen; even a black kitchen sink with a black countertop looks fabulous.
Also, it looks elegant and serves as a contrasting element in your setting. Black never goes out of fashion and is a great savior if you are unable to make up your mind while choosing a color for your kitchen.
The best black kitchen sink is undoubtedly Kraus KGU-413B Undermount Single Bowl Granite Kitchen Sink. This beauty in the onyx finish is made of granite and can serve well to add elegance to your kitchen.
This sink comes with a variety of features to suit your preference and needs. It has a split basin that allows you to carry out different functions at the same time.
This granite black sink can withstand high temperatures and is shock-resistant too. The non-porous surface makes it a hygienic option as compared to other sinks. This surface also makes it a low-maintenance option.
The black sink should be an eye-catching centerpiece in any kitchen that will draw everyone’s attention. Hence, depending on your day-to-day tasks, choose the one that suits you the best.