Considering buying a new kitchen sink and wondering the pros and cons of black sink vs white sink? We have guide to why black is best.
The best thing about a black kitchen sink is not only the unique color but also the fact that it will not fade over time. A black kitchen sink is unusual and depicts your particular taste as well as style.
A white kitchen sink reflects your love for traditional settings. Black looks more sleek and contemporary, as compared to white which has been used everywhere throughout the ages.
Black sinks have a darker finish that allows them to conceal minor chips, dents, etc. Also, day-to-day stains and residue do not show much on the surface.
For this reason, a black sink is a low-maintenance fitting as compared to a white one. Black sinks also do not fade with the passage of time and retain their finish for a longer period. So, this durability is another added feature.
A black sink can go with almost all color schemes in a kitchen; even a black kitchen sink with a black countertop looks fabulous.
Also, it looks elegant and serves as a contrasting element in your setting. Black never goes out of fashion and is a great savior if you are unable to make up your mind while choosing a color for your kitchen.
Black Sink vs White Sink – Which to Choose?
Black and white are the two timeless colors that never go out of fashion. You can use them in any room and it will never go wrong.
White kitchen sinks have always been used in traditional and classic settings. Black, on the contrary, is a bold choice. It goes well with stainless steel accessories, can be contrasted with white marble surfaces and even with various tones of wooden cabinets and countertops.
A black kitchen sink is an unfailing piece that would fit in any color scheme. You can contrast it with any color and it stands out perfectly well. It is the first thing to catch the eye of the whole kitchen.
Black kitchen sinks look chic and stylish. Whether you have it in a matte or shiny finish, the black color changes the look of the whole setting.
Most contemporary kitchen designs rely on black color to break the age-old monotony of white or wooden cabinets.
Best Black Kitchen Sinks
A black kitchen sink is unique and adds style and sophistication to any kitchen. The sinks come in different sizes and shapes to suit various space specifications and preferences.
Black Sink Pros and Cons
While the trending black kitchen sinks look trendy and chic, they are usually a no-no for most people. It makes a bold statement in your kitchen and it better be aligned well with the rest of the kitchen fittings and accessories.
- Black sinks are a great fit for modern kitchens and blend well with all sorts of modern or classic settings. Black color shines well among the stainless steel appliances; yet it is a great fit with classic wooden cabinets and settings.
- A black kitchen sink makes a distinctive statement piece in a kitchen. They are a popular pick for contemporary kitchen setting.
- Black kitchen sinks are a good option, if you are looking for something that is low maintenance. Black color can easily mask minor scratches, stains and residue as compared to white ones that show every little thing on them.
- Stainless steel black sinks get scratched easily. They have a fine, black acrylic coating that can be damaged by sharp objects or heavier pans. So, they need to be handled carefully; otherwise, the coating doesn’t last for long in its original condition.
- Black kitchen sinks usually get white spots because of soap residue if not cleaned properly after every use. Limescale can be another reason for the whitish layer on a black sink. Though it is not hard to get rid of this white residue, it just needs proper cleaning on a regular basis.
- Most black sinks are more expensive than stainless steel or ceramic kitchen sinks because of the material they are made of. Quartz and granite composite are durable but pricey.