The best outdoor faucets will add a touch of luxury to your outdoor space, but which ones are best ranked and best rated?
If you have an open area outside such as a garden or backyard, you can install an outdoor faucet to utilize the area.
When you’re looking for an innovative way to enjoy your garden or yard, why not consider installing an outdoor spigot?
These water features are perfect for adding a touch of natural beauty to any outdoor space, and they come in a variety of styles to match your individual needs and preferences. Plus, they’re easy to maintain – all you need is a garden hose to fill them up.
There are several different brands that manufacture outdoor water faucets. That said, you need to be extra keen while selecting the faucet for your outdoor space.
Best Outdoor Spigots
Best Outdoor Faucets
1. Woodford 22CP-10-MH Horizontal Freezeless Outdoor Faucet
The Woodford 22CP-10-MH is designed for hot and cold water. It does not allow water to freeze during the winter seasons. It comes with two valves, separate for both hot and cold water.
Its installation process is a bit challenging because of the fact that it comes with both cold and hot water lines. This, therefore, means that you will need to have separate lines within the walls to enable both of these connections.
This outside spigot also features rotating handles that are marked with the colors red or blue. These indicate both hot and cold water. Fortunately, if you purchase this faucet, you will enjoy both hot and cold water throughout.
It comes with pressure relief valves that protect it from bursting. This faucet is a wall mount type of outside spigot and the handle type is a knob. It is also made from copper material. The outdoor hose spigot has an integral backflow protection device. With it, you don’t need an extra vacuum breaker.
- It has both hot and cold water outlets
- The outside hose spigot comes with a corrosion-resistant finish
- It can be used in all weather and seasons
- This faucet guarantees you value for money
- It has a brass coating and chrome plating that gives it a great appearance
- The installation process is challenging
- You need to have separate lines in the walls for the connection to succeed
2. Taiwan Decorative Solid Brass Hummingbird Garden Faucet
The Taiwan Decorative Solid Brass Hummingbird garden faucet comes in 4 inches in length. It is among those garden faucets that are made from brass and have a beautiful antique finish.
This makes it a timeless kind of faucet that will always look beautiful regardless of other designs that come up. It is a decorative outdoor faucet that comes with a brass connector.
This connector is for a ½ hose pipe. With this decorative outdoor faucet, you will be able to give your garden a more outstanding look.
It’s a wall mount kind of garden faucet that is long-lasting thanks to the brass material. Brass is strong and can take on strong hits.
With this garden spigot, you will be getting value for the amount of money you spend on it. After years of using it, you will not find corrosion or rust on it either. It can withstand different weather temperatures and will maintain water’s original temperature too.
It is also easy to turn it either on or off. It doesn’t require too many turns to get it to produce water. This high-quality faucet is made in Taiwan. Its cost may be higher at the point of purchase but it is an investment worth making in the long run.
- The faucet has an antique finish that gives it that unique and attractive appearance
- It is made from strong brass material that is long lasting
- This faucet is resistant to rust and corrosion thanks to the material used in its make
- It can withstand different kinds of weather
- It’s easy to turn both on and off
- It is slightly costly compared to other faucets
- This faucet also requires good maintenance otherwise it could still get damaged sooner than it should
3. Prier P-164D14 Quarter-Turn Frost Free Anti-Siphon Outdoor Faucet
The Prier P-164D14 Quarter-Turn Frost Free Anti-Siphon outdoor faucet is a heavy-duty outdoor faucet. It’s among those outdoor faucets that provide excellent performance.
The faucet is made of strong brass material and is nickel plated. It comes with a single handle that is 14 inches and this handle is also made of brass material. The heavy-duty construction ensures it lasts a longer period giving you value for your money.
This backyard water faucet is of a wall mount installation type. The installation is not difficult and you will be able to finish up in no time.
Once you fix it on the outside, you will have a very easy time managing your entire garden. The nickel-plated finish ensures that you are comfortable when using it in your different tasks. It is part of the reason why it provides the user with great outdoor performance.
The outdoor spigot works well during both cold and warm seasons, maintaining its strength. It will therefore also ensure the water temperature is maintained.
The spigot has a ½-inch SWT and also ½ inch MIP. Its simple design also ensures it blends well with the rest of the items in the garden. It needs to be maintained properly because of its simple design to ensure it lasts even longer.
- It is made of a heavy duty material that ensures it is long lasting
- It has an easy installation process that ensures you finish up the setup fast
- Its simple design makes it easy for the faucet to blend with everything in the garden
- It works well during both hot and cold weather temperatures
- Delivers outstanding performance even with simplicity of use
- When handled poorly it could still be susceptible to damages
- Its simple design could expose it to superficial damages
4. TOLIWEL Antique Brass Outdoor Garden Faucet Spigot
The TOLIWEL Antique Brass garden faucet is an antique outdoor faucet that comes stylishly in design.
When mounted in your garden, it gives your garden that nice stylish design. Despite the fact that it is a faucet for a garden hose, it can also be used for your bathroom. It still provides an outstanding performance.
The backyard water faucet has a connection spigot of ½ an inch. It features a lever handle type. It is also light in weight. The lawn faucet comes in a reliable size and measures 6.89 by 37.4 by 45.28 inches. It releases water fast and allows you to control it very comfortably. It also weighs 1.06 pounds.
The Toliwel lawn faucet also ensures you will be able to use it without any problems for a long time. This is thanks to the combination between antique brass and copper material. It also doesn’t require too much maintenance. It has a wall mount installation method and features a lever-type handle. Its handle is also made up of brass.
It only provides only cold water, as it is a single cold faucet tap for your garden. The spout reach from the wall is approximately 160mm, 6.3 inches. Its brushed design gives this outdoor faucet when installed improved overall aesthetic of your garden.
- It is made from high quality material that gives it a great appearance
- This lawn faucet is available at a fair, affordable price
- The installation process is fast and easy
- It delivers an outstanding performance during the period in which you use it
- Once mounted, it easily sticks/ holds to the wall
- It can only be used for cold water and has no provision for hot
- It is a high-maintenance faucet so you will need to take care of it frequently for it to function properly
5. Prier C-144D10 Frost Free Anti-Siphon Outdoor Wall Hydrant
The Prier C-144D10 Frost Free Anti-Siphon Outdoor Wall Hydrant is a high-quality outdoor wall faucet. It is made from strong cast brass patterns.
The faucet is also made of copper tubing and also some stainless steel as well as some aluminum accessories. Thanks to the materials used in making these, the faucets last a very long time.
The freeze-proof outdoor faucet features heavy brass ends as well as security around the handle. It is a wall mount faucet that is nickel plated.
This nickel plating gives it extra protection from any harsh weather. This commercial faucet works in different weather.
At the same time, it provides the faucet with an eye-catching attractive shine. As such, it will immediately elevate your garden area the moment it is installed.
Installing the Prier faucet is very easy and you will be able to use it in just a matter of time. The moment you have managed to install it, you will not witness any leaks. However, if you notice any leaks, making any repairs or replacements is easy.
The faucet comes with an anti-siphon vacuum breaker. It is also 10 inches in length. The faucet also features ½ inch MIP and ½-inch SWT.
- The faucet is made from strong brass material which ensures it is long lasting
- It is a freeze proof faucet and will work in different weather conditions
- This kind of faucet is easy to install and repair in case of any damages
- The nickel plating protects it from harsh weather
- The faucet’s design adds a great aesthetic to your garden
- It does not provide hot water
- It is only available in one color
6. Midline Valve 84323P Anti-Siphon Sillcock Frost Free Outdoor Faucet
The Midline Valve 84323P Anti-Siphon Sillcock Frost Free outdoor faucet is known to provide highly reliable performance. It comes with a multi-turn handle.
Thanks to this, you will be able to easily adjust the flow of water. The multi-turn handle is made of brass which makes it sturdy. Its design also assures you of a long-lasting faucet. It’s a freeze-proof outdoor faucet whose sillcock is frost free. The Silcock is also long-lasting because it is made of strong brass material.
This particular outside water faucet can withstand different weather conditions. It is resistant to both rust and corrosion. Its installation is also very easy and within a short time, you’ll be able to fix and use it. You can either install it on the wall or at the end of a pipe.
This lawn faucet is packaged with an anti-siphon vacuum breaker. This promotes security and also prevents water from flowing backward.
It comes with a 10-inch-long frost-free pipe. That said, this outside water faucet can serve as both a hose connector and just an independent faucet. The faucet properly transfers water from the indoor supply to the outdoor garden.
- It is multi-purpose and can therefore be used as a hose connector or as an independent faucet
- The outside water faucet promotes security and will also prevent water backflow
- It is easy to operate thanks to the multi-turn wheel
- It offers reliable performance while saving water
- The installation process is simple
- It is costlier compared to a number of similar faucets
- It is only available in a chrome color
7. Midline Valve 8432P Sillcock Pipe Chrome Plated Brass Body Hose Bib
The Midline Valve 8432P Sillcock Pipe Chrome Plated Brass Body outside water faucet comes with a freeze-proof sillcock pipe.
This sillcock pipe is frost free. It is also made from brass around its body and then has a chrome plated finish. This makes this outside faucet more attractive and adds an amazing aesthetic to your garden.
This freeze proof outdoor faucet has a large plastic valve that helps in the easy turning during the operation. It is also known to be one of those faucets that provide an outstanding performance during the entire time of its use.
With it, you don’t have to worry about rust or corrosion as it is highly resistant to them. It can also withstand different weather conditions and will maintain the water’s original temperature.
The faucet weighs 0.16 pounds so it is light in weight. It has a working pressure of 150WOG and connects with ½-inch PEX when it comes to the water supply.
Generally, this is a great high flow outdoor faucet if you’re after a long-lasting one. The material that is used in making it is a strong brass material known to be durable.
- It comes with a frost-free sillcock pipe which is also frozen poof
- Its chrome plated finish gives it an aesthetically pleasing appearance
- The large plastic valve ensures you’re able to easily operate it
- It is a long lasting exterior water valve thanks to the brass material
- It can withstand different temperatures
- It is slightly expensive
- It is only available in a single color
8. Midline Valve 84343 Sillcock Pipe Hose Bib
The Midline Valve 84343 Sillcock Pipe Chrome Plated Brass Body Frost Anti-Siphon with Integral Vacuum Breaker is an exterior water valve made from brass.
As such, it is a long-lasting faucet that will provide value for the amount spent on it. It has an attractive polished finishing. It will therefore make your garden look even more attractive.
It has a knob-type handle that is also made from brass. This handle is located The outside water valve also features a spout height of 9 inches. It also has an anti-siphon sillcock that is frost free.
This anti-siphon sillcock prevents water from flowing backward. The faucet also features a vacuum breaker and a working pressure of 150 WOG. It has ½ an inch MIP connector also a ½-inch solder cup. This assists greatly in the supply of water.
This faucet works in different kinds of weather. You therefore will get the maximum performance out of it. It will maintain the water at its original temperature.
- It is a long lasting outdoor faucet thanks to the material used in its construction
- The faucet has an attractive chrome finish adding a great aesthetic to your space
- It works well in different temperatures
- This faucet is easy to install and use
- It is an anti-freeze kind of faucet
- It may be a bit highly priced compared to others in its range
- It is only available in one color
9. Cosiki Wall Mount Double Valve Garden Faucet
The Shopping Spree Wall Mount outdoor faucet is a high-quality facet for the garden hose. It can be firmly mounted thanks to its ½-inch thread.
It is a European-style water faucet with a unique appearance. It can be categorized as an old-fashioned outdoor water spigot. When installed, this outdoor wall faucet adds a luxurious touch to your residence.
The faucet comes with a single handle that helps in controlling the water, which could be either hot or cold. Operating this faucet is easy as the single lever design makes temperature control seamless and effortless.
It is a wall mount faucet that will save you quite a big amount of space. It is also highly suitable for different walls in your backyard and also inside the house.
It is made of strong and durable brass material. This further makes it resistant to both rust and corrosion. It provides excellent performance and with it, you will not experience any water leakages.
- It offers high quality performance during the period of its use
- The outside water faucet is made of strong brass material making it long lasting
- It has an attractive finish or appearance
- The faucet can be used for both cold and hot water
- It is easy to operate the faucet
- It only comes in a single color
- It might not be good for people who don’t like a European aesthetic or piece
10. Prier 10-Inch Hot and Cold Mixing Hydrant with 1/2-Inch Pex
The Prier Hot and Cold Mixing Hydrant is a great outside faucet that gives you seamless performance. It’s a high-quality spigot of 10 inches in size that is easy to use and durable.
This is thanks to the heavy material used to build it. Since it provides outstanding performance, you can use it both outside and on your terrace.
This is a dual outdoor faucet and it has one of the easiest installation processes. The adjustable spigot makes it possible for you to do a horizontal or vertical installation.
It is also a wall mount faucet whose horse bib will last years with no need for maintenance. It weighs 2 pounds and comes with both a hot and cold blending valve. Its dimensions are 4 x 10 x 3 inches.
It is one of those outside water taps that works well in both hot and cold temperatures. It does not allow for the formation of frost.
While using this outdoor hose faucet, water will maintain its original temperature regardless of the conditions. It is also very easy to turn the handle of this faucet. When it comes to making repairs when something goes wrong, the process is very easy.
- It is made of a strong material that makes it long-lasting
- The faucet works very well in hot and cold temperatures
- This faucet is a low-maintenance dual outdoor faucet
- It’s a dual outdoor faucet that produces both hot and cold water
- The outside faucet handle turns easily and the faucet ensures the straightforward performance you need
- Although it’s durable, poor handling will make it last a shorter period than stated
- It could be exposed to some superficial damages thanks to its design
Factors to Consider Before Buying an Outdoor Faucet
When it comes to buying an outdoor faucet, you need to look at a number of things to get the right one. Below are some of the factors that make a quality outdoor faucet. They include:
To buy the high-flow outside faucet, you need to pay attention to the material used in making it. Great material ensures your faucet stays strong for a very long time. It also ensures you get the best outcome.
Ensure both the faucet and its handle are made of this strong material. The most ideal material should not only be durable but also resistant to both corrosion and rust, wear and tear.
When getting a lawn outdoor faucet, you need to check on water pressure. For you to get the best pressure, check on both the input and output sizes.
It’s always best to get one that has a considerable input but with a small output for the best pressure. Choose a faucet that maintains the input rate.
Size of the Handle
The handle is also important in getting a great dual outdoor faucet or a single one. Check for a handle that you can manage comfortably.
Ensure you’re able to turn it quickly just once or twice because this enables you to quickly control the flow of water.
The Faucet Size
You should also consider the size of the faucet as this plays an important role in determining where the specific tap will be placed.
The compact size ensures you will be able to fix it anywhere. So regardless of where you would like to fix it, get the size that will suit that specific place best.
The Ease of Faucet Installation
When getting yourself a faucet, ensure you can actually install it. Find a high-flow hos bib that comes with a straightforward installation process.
The process of mounting and joining should be very specific. Also, consider how easy it will be to get spare parts for fixing any spoilt parts of the faucet. It’s best to get a faucet you can easily fix without the help of a plumber.
The Ease of Extension
Every once in a while you may have to extend your water reach and you need to be able to do so without having to hassle too much.
Getting one that comes with some treads allows you to get the addition you need easily. It should also be strong enough to withstand frequent tightening and loosening.
The Faucet’s Purpose
Different faucets serve different purposes. The best commercial outdoor faucet is one that meets the specific need you have.
As such, pay close attention to the faucet’s different functions. This will help you acquire an amazing model that will provide you with the best performance. Another great way to go is choosing a multi-purpose outdoor faucet.
Outdoor Faucet Manufacturers
There are several brands out there that manufacture outdoor water valves. It is important to know them so as to get a better understanding of which ones you can trust. They include:
Prier is an outdoor faucet brand with a history that dates back to 140 years ago when the founder first got to the US.
Anton Prier started creating heavy duty brass products while in America. Over the years, his plumbing products including faucets have been known to reduce hassles and often stand the test of time. Today, whenever you purchase from the brand, part of the revenue they get goes to a worthy cause.
Toliwel is a brand of faucets by the Toliwel Limited Company which was started back in 2012. It is a private company that manufactures strong, durable, and decorative outside faucets. These faucets come in nice colors and finishes that will add to the aesthetic of our garden area.
The Midline Valve is another brand known to manufacture faucets from strong brass material. They make outdoor faucets that are very decorative, with easy-to-turn handles.
Their faucets also produce water at the right pressure giving you an easy time. The different faucets have an aesthetically pleasing finish to them.
The Taiwan brand is known to be a go-to manufacturer if you need an old-fashioned outdoor spigot or an antique faucet.
They make decorative ones that will give your outdoor space that nice and unique appearance. The brand, as the name suggests, is from Taiwan and has a reputation for providing durable faucets.
Outdoor Spigot Types
There are different types of exterior faucets. They include:
1. Frost-proof Outdoor Faucet
Such faucets are best suited for colder regions. They come with a compression valve to keep your hands safe during harsh weather. They also protect your pipes.
2. Hose Bib Faucet
It is also known as an outdoor spigot. Outdoor faucets are designed to allow for the extension of water flow. In most cases, you will find the beside the house. These outdoor spigots are not the best for cold places.
3. Ball Valve Faucet
These garden faucets have a shocker as the most essential thing. It has a ball that allows for water flow and you’ll be able to easily turn the water on and off.
4. Yard Hydrants
These types of garden faucets are mostly used for an external water source. They are among the most suitable options for larger areas that could use the extra pressure. They handle very large amounts of water.
5. Anti-Siphon Faucets
These garden faucets are known to be very easy to use. Since they are not complicated, you can install them by yourself. They are great for outdoor use and thanks to their standard size, their performance is outstanding.
6. Traditional Faucet
As the name suggests, these garden faucets come with traditional designs. It can be easily adjusted and you can do it quickly. It is very rare for one to experience any challenges with these garden faucets as they seldom fail.
Hose Bib vs Sillcock
When it comes to a hose bib and a sillcock, there is no difference. A sillcock is also known as a hose bib. These are generally exterior faucets that are fixed to the outside parts of a house.
They make sure you have water valves that carry water right from the kitchen. A Silcock uses the same water that you use inside your kitchen area.
The main job of a hose bib or a sillcock is to ensure your outside tasks are handled effectively. With this, you will seamlessly be able to clean up your furniture or wash your cars and anything else that needs cleaning outdoors. It is generally very easy to connect a hose bib to your taps.
It can also be said that the word sillcock originated from its installation location, which is the sill board. As much as it is generally installed in the sill, this is not always the case. However, they all always end up in the house’s most heated part.
How to Install a Frost-Free Outdoor Faucet
The best kind of frost-free faucet is one that you can install by yourself. Below are the steps for installing these by yourself:
Step 1. Turn off the water. Once you’ve done this, drain the old hose faucet that was initially fixed
Step 2. Clean the copper water pipe using a piece of emery cloth. This is the pipe that leads to the hose faucet.
Step 3. Using a tubing cutter, cut the tubing pipe. After you have cut it, remove the old hose faucet.
Step 4. Insert your new frost proof faucet into the wall that you can now see on the wall. Ensure you mark the locations of the mounting holes.
Step 5. Drill some holes on these marks and then insert some plastic wall anchors.
Step 6. Apply some silicone caulk around the flange on the frost-proof faucet.
Step 7. Slide the faucet into the hole then press it tightly towards the wall. Use some stainless steel screws to secure it.
Step 8: Remove the stem unit from the sillcock. For you to do this successfully, you need to use an adjustable wrench.
Step 9. From the inside part, solder a copper pipe that’s long enough to the end of the sillcock.
Step 10. With the help of a coupling, solder the new pipe to the already existing pipe.
Step 11. Re-install the stem unit into the sillcock then use a wrench to tighten it.
Step 12. It will be ready to use, turn the water and test how well the faucet works.
How to Prevent Outdoor Faucets from Dipping
Dipping is quite a problem considering it could lead to wastage of a lot of water in the process. Fortunately, through a few simple steps, you can stop the faucet, whether a dual outdoor faucet or any other from dipping. The steps are as follows:
- Turn off the primary water supply leading to the outdoor faucet. This is usually referred to as begging.
- Ensure you tighten the nut properly to ensure there’s no leakage. However, do it carefully so that you don’t end up breaking it.
- If you still notice some leakage, dive deeper and remove the nut located below the handle of the faucet. In case there is corrosion freeze the nut using a lubricant and a screwdriver to successfully remove it.
- Carefully remove the valve of the outdoor faucet from the tap with the help of a wrench. Take out the assembly washer too. It is located at the inner end of the house. Do this after taking out the valve.
- Separate the valve from the faucet’s handle then remove the nuts. Replace the old washer to avoid any more leakages. Replace your string faucet with a durable graphite string.
Consequences Of the Outdoor Faucet Freezes
Generally, when outdoor water valves freeze, the flow of water is compromised. This water lacks a proper way of coming out. It, therefore, splits around the stem. We can also say:
- When your faucet freezes inside the actual pipe it’s connected to, it will proceed to expand in the same way. This expansion happens because water turns into ice.
- However, when it keeps expanding, it could end up bursting the pipe. This will lead to escaping of water that could lead to damage to your home and also furnishings. Your pipes are also susceptible to freezing since they are outdoors.
- When this happens, you need to thaw the pipes to open the faucets.
- The best way to go about this is to use a hair dryer. It will quickly unthaw both the faucet and the pipe thanks to the heat blown from it.
- When you are carrying out this process of thawing, ensure you are not standing inside water.
- Start the process from the open part of the faucet and work your way back for the best results.
How to Connect Hose Pipe to Outside Tap
A lot of people who have gardens have outside water faucets. They use these outside water taps or faucets for watering purposes. It’s great to be able to connect the hose to your outdoor faucet by yourself. However, if you have never tried it, the following process will work for you:
- Turn off the water supply completely then using your hands, release the aerator. You can also use some pliers for the same. Grab a piece of cloth and use it to cover the aerator. After this, open it up using a pair of pliers.
- Connect the adapter to the hose as per the make of your faucet. Proceed to tighten the hose by connecting the adapter to the actual faucet.
- It is very important to fix an extra anti-siphon device to your hose to prevent the unwanted backflow of water.
- Tighten up the connection then turn on the faucet’s water supply.
1. Do I Need to Cover my Outdoor Faucet in Winter?
Yes. You should cover your outdoor faucet in winter. Different old-fashioned outdoor water spigots or modern ones will say freeze-proof.
However, this is not guaranteed enough that they will not end up freezing in winter. Get an outdoor faucet cover installed well during winter.
2. Is the Hose Bib and Spigot the Same Thing?
Yes, the two are the same. They generally refer to exterior faucets that are fixed outside the house. They ensure you comfortably have water valves carrying water from the kitchen to your garden. It uses the same water you use in your kitchen.
3. How Long Does it Take for a Pipe to Freeze at 20 Degrees?
Generally, a pipe will freeze to 20 degrees if the temperature outside is below 20 degrees. This will take about 6 consecutive hours to happen.
It, therefore, means the pipe could freeze overnight if it’s unprotected. That said frozen pipes are very common when people have been witnessing sub-zero temperatures. This is because the pipes are exposed to very cold air.
What’s the Best Outside Water Faucet Spigot?
When it comes to the top pick, the best one is The Woodford 22CP-10-MH Horizontal Freezeless Faucet.
Aside from being manufactured by a reputable Woodford brand, it is easy generally to use. This is a top-choice outdoor faucet because it gives you the advantage of durability. The heavy material used in its construction will provide you with value for your money for years.
The hose spigot being adjustable provides for either vertical or horizontal installation. It weighs just 3 pounds and you’ll love how well it works in either hot or cold temperatures. When you are using it in either, the water temperature will be maintained at its original.