Stainless steel farmhouse sinks can make your dream come true. Not only do the farmhouse sinks add a touch of class to any kitchen, but they’re also durable.
All stainless steel farmhouse sinks may not be best for your needs. The sinks are built from different gauges of steel to ensure long-lasting performance. Also, the sinks come in various sizes. So, how do you know which is the best stainless steel farmhouse sink for your needs?
Having said that, I’ve compiled a list of the top 10 farmhouse sink models to choose from. I’ve also included a detailed buying guide.
Top 10 Best Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sinks Review
1. Kraus KHF200-33 Standart PRO Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink
- Measures 32.88” long by 20.75” wide by 10” in-depth
- Available in stainless steel color
- Undermount type of installation
- Made of 16-gauge thick T304 stainless steel materials
- Includes free accessories like a basket strainer set
The Kraus KHF200-33 farmhouse sink is my top pick if you are looking for a relatively affordable stainless steel sink. One thing I love about this unit is its sloped bottom design. This is designed to ensure water does not stand inside the bowl but instead drains immediately.
In terms of durability, this sink won’t disappoint you since it’s built to be resistant to rust, dents, and corrosion. After all, it is constructed from heavy-duty T304 16-gauge stainless steel. And for enhanced lifelong durability, the bowl boasts a wear-resistant and easy-to-clean satin finish.
This stainless steel farmhouse sink boasts a single bowl design. However, you can also get it in a double basin design style. At 33-inches, the basin is large enough to accommodate your largest cookware with ease. It is also deep enough at 10-inches to let you soak your dishes before cleaning.
Want a quiet sink? Well, this unit features patented NoiseDefend soundproofing technology comprising extra-thick pads and protective undercoating. The pads enclose over 80% of the sink’s bottom to help absorb as much noise as possible.
- Rust and corrosion-resistant satin finish
- Easily fits 33-inch mini cabinets
- Easy to clean its gently rounded corners
- No condensation build-up because it’s insulated
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Offers quiet performance while cleaning your dishes
- Leaves water spots, so you’ve to wipe it after every use
- Unlike water, food particles drain slowly
2. Ruvati Verona RVH9200 33″ Apron-front Single Bowl Farmhouse Sink
- Comes in 33” wide x 22” front-to-back x 10” depth sizes
- Made of 16-gauge thick premium-grade T-304 stainless steel
- Apron front, undermount installation type
- Available in stainless steel color and brushed finish
- Soundproofing technology with rubber padding for noise reduction
Ruvati Verona RVH9200 is a versatile stainless steel farmhouse sink that allows you to multitask. It boasts an integrated ledge to help you quickly convert it to a workstation. You just slide in your accessories into the ledges.
Similar to the previous model, this stainless farmhouse sink is also made of 16-gauge T-304 stainless steel. Thanks to this, it is both stain and rust-resistant. Even better, the sink features a commercial-grade and scratch-resistant chromium/nickel brushed finish that matches most kitchen appliances.
Another thing that sets it apart from the Kraus KHF200-33 model is the accessories it comes with. Besides the sink, you also get a wooden cutting board, a foldable rack, basket strainer, colander, and drain assembly. Therefore, you can use it right out of the box.
The Ruvati Verona RVH9200 is also designed with a sloped bottom coupled with drain grooves for superior and complete drainage. Therefore, you will find keeping this sink clean and dry a breeze. Even better, it is equipped with curved rounded corners for ease of cleaning.
- Perfect fit for cabinets with a 36” minimum base
- Available in 33”, 24”, 27”, 30”, and 36” sizes with the same width and depth
- Drain located at the rear center for superior drainage
- Includes high-quality extra accessories
- Drain opening is compatible with most garbage disposal units
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Few complaints of the sink scratching easily
- The cutting board is not durable
3. Kraus KWF410-33 Kore Single Bowl Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink
- Measures approximately 33 by 20.25 by 10.5 inches in size
- Available in stainless steel color
- Undermount, apron-front installation type
- Made of heavy-duty and thick TRU16 steel
- Boasts water spots resistant PVD gunmetal finish
If you love the quality of Kraus stainless steel farmhouse sinks, you might want to consider this unit. This farmhouse sink serves as a workstation sink. Even better, it comes with all the custom accessories you need to transform it into a workstation. This allows for easy cleanup and food prep without eating up your counter space.
However, what sets it apart from the Ruvati Verona RVH9200 model is sizing options. Besides being available in a 33” size, you can also get the sink in 15”, and up to 57” sizes. It is also available in various styles to choose from, including ADA sink, outdoor sink, and double basin sink.
Additionally, you’ll be pleased to know that this farmhouse sink is constructed from TRU16 16-gauge stainless steel. This is one of the thickest stainless steel sinks on the market. So, in terms of durability, this sink will not let you down.
Another desirable feature of this farmhouse sink is its built-in NoiseDefend technology featuring extra-thick pads. The pads help dampen noise so you can enjoy quiet use. Further, the bowl is also fully insulated with a protective undercoating to minimize vibration and condensation.
- Extra-deep and spacious bowl
- Channel grooves offer superior drainage
- Made of thick and solid steel
- Easy to install on cabinets with a 36-inch minimum base
- Rust-resistant finish that matches most kitchen designs
- Covered by a lifetime limited warranty
- High-maintenance sink
- For the price, the sink scratches so easily
4. Sarlai 30” Stainless Steel Black Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
- Apron front, undermount installation method
- Comes in a gunmetal black color option
- Made of 16-gauge thick T304 steel for superior durability
- Measures 30” by 22” with a 10-inch depth
- Fitted with slope bottom and X water channels
Sarlai black stainless steel farmhouse sink is a budget-friendly 30 inch sink built to fit a 33” minimum cabinet size. This farmhouse sink is constructed from 16-gauge T-304 stainless steel, it features a unique finish compared to the previous models.
By and large, the sink boasts a commercial-grade matte NANO-PVD brushed finish and not a satin finish like the Kraus KHF200-33 model. Consequently, this makes the sink highly resistant to scratches, stains, and water spots.
This farmhouse sink also incorporates ledges on both the front and back. So, you can choose to slide in your cutting board or roll-up rack for use as a workstation. The best part? It also includes extra accessories such as a rack, rinse grid, drain assembly, colander, and cutting board.
This farmhouse sink also employs NoiseDefend Technology. So, you get to enjoy an ultra-quiet experience in the kitchen.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Attractive design complements any countertop style
- Fitted with 3mm thick pads to keep noise away
- Offers long-lasting durability
- Drain strainer matches perfectly with the sink color
- Cutting board won’t crack or warp easily
- The basket strainer clogs up easily
- Basin does not easily drain food residue
5. ZUHNE 30 inch Stainless Steel Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
- Installation can be undermount, built-up, or flush
- Comes in premium natural brushed stainless steel color
- Made of 16-gauge thick T304 rust-proof steel
- It’s only 30 x 20.75 x 10-inches in size
- Covered by a lifetime limited warranty
With R10 tight radius curved rounded corners, this ZUHNE 30 inch stainless steel farmhouse sink is easier to maintain than its older models.
But you know what the best part is? You can install this single bowl sink in three different ways. Simply, you could decide to install it flush, undermount, or built-up for added convenience.
Something else that makes it stand out from its competition is its durable and rust-proof construction. Basically, the bowl is made of 40% more T304 16-gauge thick stainless steel from top to bottom than standard sinks. As such, you can toss hot pans or heavy-duty cast irons, and the sink won’t dent or get damaged.
In terms of noise operation, this is probably one of the quietest sinks in these farmhouse sink reviews. Do you know why? It’s because the sink is built with 2.5x better insulation designed to cancel both noise and vibrations. The insulation also helps keep your sink cabinet protected from condensation damage.
- Drains faster with its sloped and grooved base
- Extra accessories included
- Available in both 30 and 24-inches size
- Stylish and elegant matte finish
- Extra-deep to accommodate oversized pans or pots
- Curved corners clean easily
- Prone to scratching just like other steel sinks
- Few complaints about missing parts
6. Kichae 30 Inch Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink
- Made of dent-resistant 18-gauge T304 stainless steel
- Measures only 30 x 20 x 9 inches
- Durable and elegant gunmetal NANO brushed finish
- Seamless undermount installation method
- Comes in gunmetal black and stainless steel colors
Are you on a tight budget and looking for a country style kitchen sink that offers superior drainage? Well, this Kichae 30 Inch farmhouse sink ticks all the boxes right. This is thanks to its X-shaped diversion design that allows water to drain quickly. In addition, the sink boasts a 3.5-inch standard drain opening designed to fit most garbage disposal units.
Similar to the older models, this unit is also manufactured from T304 stainless steel for superior strength. But there is a difference. This farmhouse sink is built from 18-gauge thick steel instead of 16-gauge. Because of this, you might not find the sink as rigid as the Kraus KHF200-33 model made of 16-gauge steel.
Despite its affordability, this country style farmhouse kitchen sink also boasts excellent sound dampening capabilities. It employs 3mm super thick rubber pads at the bottom and backside. Therefore, even when the water is running, you can enjoy a quiet experience.
Something else you will love about this stainless steel apron sink is its undermount installation. Consequently, you will find the sink easy to clean, and it won’t take up much of your counter space. Even better, it boasts zero radius corners designed to provide you with a modern look.
- Undercoating keeps moisture away from the cabinet
- Backed by a 3-month hassle-free money-back guarantee
- Includes rinse grid, rack, and drain assembly
- One of the most affordable sinks
- Fingerprint and water spot resistant
- Includes just standard accessories
- Not as deep as its 10-inches competitors
7. Lordear 33 inch 16 Gauge Deep Black Stainless Steel Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
- Available in gunmetal black and stainless steel colors
- Measures approximately 33 x 21 x 10-inches
- Installation method is apron design, under-mount type
- Constructed from solid 16-gauge T304 steel
- Built-in heavy-duty noise guard padding
Do you prefer a double-basin over a single-bowl sink? The double-bowl stainless steel farmhouse sinks worth considering.
This farmhouse sink features a 60/40 basin design, unlike its previous models that boast a single-bowl function. So, you can use one bowl for washing and the other one for rinsing your dishes to save on water.
Featuring a gunmetal black matte nano brushed finish, this unit is sure to blend seamlessly with most of your kitchen appliances. Apart from that, the finish makes the sink easy to clean and resistant to fading when exposed to high temperatures. Even better, this apron sink is equipped with round corners for easier maintenance.
Aside from that, the sink is constructed from 16-gauge thick T304 stainless steel just like its competitors. So, you’ve got nothing to worry about its durability since it is rust and corrosion-resistant. What’s more, this durable sink comes with a bottom protective grid to further protect it from scratches.
Another best feature of this farmhouse sink is its excellent drainage. Because just like the previous models, it also boasts a gently sloped bottom along with x-shaped grooves. Therefore, you won’t have to deal with standing water inside the basin.
- Covered by a hassle-free 3-months return policy
- Includes lots of free accessories
- Undercoating prevents condensation
- Durable brushed finish
- Comes in 33” and 36” sizes and 50/50 double-basin styles
- Installs and cleans with ease
- Instructions could be a bit better
- Two customers reported receiving the sink bent on one side
8. VASOYO 30 Inch Matte Black Apron Front Farmhouse Sink
- Approximately 30” by 22” by 10” in size
- Comes in matte black, stainless steel, and gunmetal black colors
- Easy apron front, undermount installation method
- Constructed from thick and durable 16-gauge T304 steel
- Excellent fit for cabinets with a 33” minimum base
The farmhouse sink comes from matte black, gunmetal black, or stainless-steel color to match your kitchen style. Another desirable feature of this sink is the built-in ledge. As such, you can easily convert it to a workstation using the included accessories to maximize your counter space.
This farmhouse sink also boasts indestructible construction. Simply, the bowl is constructed from T304 steel in TRU 16-gauge for long-lasting durability. And for enhanced strength, it features a NANO-PVD gunmetal brushed finish. The finish also makes the sink easy to clean since it is stain and rust-resistant.
The best part? All the sides of this country style farmhouse kitchen sink are covered with 3mm thick rubber dampening pads. Because of this, you won’t have to deal with noise or vibrations while using this product. What’s more, the sink is engineered with StoneGuard coating to further dampen sound and prevent condensation.
- Lots of extra accessories included
- Stain-resistant non-porous surface
- Drains running water fast
- Single and deep bowl design offers so much space
- Includes dishwasher safe basin rack
- Nano-technology makes the sink highly anti-scratch
- Does not drain food residue with ease
- Takes a little longer to install
9. Lordear Gunmetal Black Stainless Farm Sink Single Bowl
- Comes in gunmetal black, matte gold, and stainless-steel colors
- Overall sink size is 30 x 21 x 10 inches
- Made of superior-quality 16-gauge T304 steel
- Apron-front undermount installation method
- Extra-thick sound guard pads to reduce noise
If you love the quality of Lordear stainless steel farmhouse sinks, you might want to try out this product. It boasts a single-bowl design, unlike their Lordear 33 Inch Kitchen Sink Gunmetal Matte Black model, which is a double-basin. As such, you can easily wash dishes and pans of all sizes in it.
This 30 inch farmhouse sink is available in 3 color options to match your kitchen design. But what really sets it apart from the previous models is its matte gold color. Besides this color, you can also get the sink in either gunmetal black or stainless steel.
Made from T304 16-gauge thick stainless steel, this unit is not only rust and corrosion-resistant but also stain-resistant. Therefore, you will find it sturdier and more durable than the Kichae 30 Inch Kitchen Sink Gunmetal Black. The best part is that it comes with a rinse grid to further protect it from scratches.
Similar to other stainless steel farmhouse sinks in this review, this product is also engineered with an X-shaped channel water design. The bottom is also slightly sloped to ensure fast drainage and prevent blockage. In addition, it features a protective coating underneath to prevent damage caused by condensation.
- R10 round corners make it easy to clean
- Comes with plenty of free accessories
- Backed by a lifetime limited warranty
- Non-fading when exposed to high-temperatures
- Perfect match for modern-style kitchens
- Competitively priced
- Prone to watermarks and fingerprints
- The quality of the drain assembly is not the best
10. ALWEN 30 x 22 x 9-inch Farmhouse Kitchen Sink
- Measures approximately 30 x 22 x 10 inches in size
- Installation method is apron-front, under-mount
- Constructed from premium 18-gauge thick T304 stainless steel
- Available in stainless steel and gunmetal black colors
- X-channel grooves offer fast drainage
This 30 inch stainless steel farmhouse kitchen sink combines affordability, versatility, and durability. Although it is made of 18-gauge T304 steel instead of 16-gauge, you’ll still find it thicker than most standard sinks. Therefore, it is sure to provide you with superior durability.
Another outstanding feature of this product is its commercial-grade finish. Simply, this stainless steel farmhouse sink boasts a brushed nickel finish for ease of cleaning and longer durability. And compared to older models like the Kraus KHF200-33 made of satin finish, this luxury sink hides scratches better.
Being a workstation sink, this product comes equipped with a built-in ledge on the front and back for multi-functional use. This allows you to slide extra accessories, including a foldable rack, cutting board, rinse grid, and colander. The sink also comes with an installation guide and mounting clips for easy installation.
Further, this country style farmhouse kitchen sink is engineered with thick rubber padding to absorb noise. These pads cover more than 80% of the sink, thereby providing you with ultra-quiet performance. Best of all, it employs a heavy-duty stone guard coating underneath to protect your cabinets from condensation.
- Built-in standard drain opening
- Rinse grid protects the sink from scratches
- Rounded corner makes it easy to clean
- Deep and big enough for large utensils
- Very high-quality build for the price
- Available in 30”, 33”, and 36” sizes to choose from
- Made of less rigid heavy gauge steel
- Prone to damages and dents because of poor packaging
Key Decision Making Factors to Check Before Buying
Stainless steel farmhouse sinks come in a wide range of sizes, ranging from 20-inches to 60-inches in length. However, most units measure 30 or 33-inches long, 20 to 22 inches wide, and 9 or 10 inches deep.
Generally, the right size sink will depend on the size of your kitchen cabinet space. For example, a 30-inch size unit will fit cabinets with a minimum 33-inch base. A 33-inch sink, on the other hand, will be a perfect fit for cabinets with a 36-inch minimum base.
That said, if you don’t have a spacious kitchen design, we recommend getting a smaller-sized unit. For instance, you could consider a 24 inch stainless steel farmhouse sink.
Stainless steel gauge
The farmhouse sinks are made of steel with different thickness levels. The thickness is usually identified using a gauge number. However, a higher gauge number means your sink is built from thinner steel.
Overall, the high quality stainless steel sink is made of either 16-gauge or 18-gauge T304 steel. Although both are considered premium grade, the 16-gauge steel is more durable and highly rigid compared to 18-gauge. The downside is that 16-gauge sinks are slightly more expensive.
Single Vs. double bowl
You have to decide whether you want a stainless farmhouse sink with a single or a double-bowl design. This is because both styles offer significant benefits. For instance, you will find a single bowl more spacious. Best of all, it does not take up much of your counter space.
On the other hand, double-basin farmhouse sinks offer more versatility. You can use one basin to clean your cookware and then rinse them in the other basin. Consequently, this helps you save on water. But overall, the best bowl design depends on your personal preferences.
Color and finish
Some farmhouse sinks only come in stainless steel or black gunmetal color options. However, other models are available in more than one color choice. We suggest choosing a sink color that complements your kitchen’s decor.
In terms of finish, you could go with sinks made of satin, nickel brushed, or NANO-PVD finish. After all, all three finishes are durable, easy to clean and boast an elegant look. However, the nickel finish is relatively better because it tends to hide scratches better than the rest.
Warranty or money-back guarantee
Getting a stainless steel farm sink that is covered by a warranty acts as a guarantee of its quality. Therefore, the longer the warranty, the more comfortable you will feel about buying a particular sink. Now, not every sink you come across is backed by a warranty.
The good news? There are a good number of them that come with a lifetime warranty. Even better, some units are covered by both a warranty and money-back guarantee for your peace of mind. So, besides the warranty, you may also consider getting a sink backed by a money-back guarantee.
Sink only Vs. workstation sink
Most stainless steel farmhouse sinks only come as a sink only with a couple of extra accessories. However, some sink models feature integrated ledge, so you can quickly transform them into a workstation.
These units come with accessories such as a cutting board, drying racks, and colanders. Therefore, you can slide your cutting board into the ledge and convert the sink to a food prep station. If you have limited kitchen counter space, you should consider getting a stainless steel farmhouse sink with a workstation.
The standard farmhouse sink features an undermount, apron-front installation method. This sink installation method ensures the bowl does not take up much of your counter space. Also, it makes cleaning your sink easy. The downside is that these sinks can be a little expensive.
On the other hand, some farmhouse sinks boast drop-in or top-mount installation. Although not easy to clean like their under-mount counterparts, you will find them easy to install and inexpensive. However, you might find drop-in sinks a bit more outdated than undermount sinks.
Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink Pros and Cons
- Durable build
Most stainless steel farmhouse sink options are made of 16-gauge T304 steel. This type of steel can withstand daily abuse without denting since it’s a heavy gauge.
- Deep and spacious
The standard stainless steel apron sink boasts extra width and bowl depth than standard sinks. Consequently, you can comfortably soak and clean your large pots, bakeware, and grill grates.
- Easy to clean and maintain
You will also love how easy it is to clean and maintain your stainless steel farmhouse sink. This is because the sinks feature R10 rounded corners and the best finishes.
With its apron-front design, a stainless farmhouse sink is sure to add to the aesthetics of any kitchen or bathroom. You just need to choose a style that matches your home’s decor.
Now, let’s take a quick look at some of the downsides of stainless steel apron sink options.
- It might take up a lot of your counter space.
- Scratches easily, and the scratching may show up dramatically at the beginning.
- A little expensive because of their heavy-duty build.
- Quite heavy and hence requires professional installation.
Clearly, there is a wide variety of stainless steel farmhouse sink options available on the market today. So, below are some of the manufacturers that stand out for their high-quality sinks.
Kraus is a well-known US manufacturer in the kitchen and bath fixtures industry established in 2007. The company is reputed for manufacturing quality and innovative farmhouse sinks that fit the lifestyle and budgets of different people.
This is yet another American company that was founded in 2009. The manufacturer prides itself in designing innovative and high-quality bath and kitchen sinks that add elegance to any home. Their products, including the stainless steel farmhouse sink options, boast an Italian-inspired style.
Founded in 2013, Zuhne is a Texas-based company that claims to manufacture high-end kitchen and bath fixtures. Their sinks stand out because they are backed by an industry-leading warranty, money-back guarantee, and world-class customer service.
How to Install a Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink
A stainless steel farmhouse sink requires professional installation. But if you have ever installed an undermount sink before, you can install the sink yourself. Following are steps on how to do it.
Step 1: Get the right tools
You will need a couple of tools, including a leveling tool, measuring tape, painters’ tape, drill, pencil, adhesive, and jigsaw.
Step 2: Measure your cabinet space
Using your measuring tape, measure the width of your kitchen cabinet. Next, measure the distance from the top to the bottom of your cabinet up to the screw holes.
Step 3: Remove the previous fixtures
If you’re remodeling your kitchen or bathroom, you need to first remove the previous plumbing and sink. You also have to remove the countertop. Then, using your leveling tool, make sure the cabinets are even and properly leveled.
Step 4: Cut your cabinets
A good farmhouse sink should come with a template. What you should do is cut your cabinet’s front part using the provided template. You can use your painters’ tape to mask all the sections you will cut. Then, make precise cuts using a jigsaw.
Step 5: Install the cabinet supports
A farmhouse sink is quite heavy. For this reason, you need to add enough support when installing it. First, get 2×4’ wooden horizontal supports and secure them with screws and adhesive. Then, add vertical supports extending to the base of your cabinet.
Step 6: Set your sink and countertops
Place your sink on the supports and make sure it is leveled. Once your country style kitchen sink is in place, set your countertop. After that, apply a sealant around the sink and cabinet tops. Let the sealant dry and then hook up your faucet hole and drain.
Which Finish is Best for Stainless Steel Farmhouse Sink?
There is no single best finish. This is because stainless steel farmhouse sink models feature different finishes, and each has its pros and cons. That said, some of the best finishes include:
- Satin finish
This is the most common type of finish used on most stainless steel farmhouse sink options. The finish gives the sinks a modern appearance while protecting them from rust and corrosion. But while it is highly durable, it is not good at hiding imperfections like scratches.
- Brushed nickel finish
This finish boasts a slightly matte appearance. As such, it tends to give your sink a luxurious look. Even better, it is very durable and better at hiding water spots, scratches, and fingerprints than a satin finish. You can also get this finish in chromium style.
- Nano-PVD brushed finish
Nano-PVD brushed finish is a type of thin-film coating applied to the sink using nano-technology via the PVD technique. This coating is then brushed to give your sink a dull, matte sheen appearance. As a result, this makes the finish more durable, easier to clean, and harder to scratch. However, it can be a lot of work to maintain.
According to the stainless steel farmhouse sink reviews, you won’t find a one-size-fits-all sink. Because of this, there are various key decision-making factors to keep in mind while looking for a farmhouse sink. For instance, you have to consider the size of your cabinet, color and finish, and even the durability of the sink.
Apart from that, it is important you know the different stainless steel farmhouse sink manufacturers available. This way, you can effortlessly get a sink made by a reputable company like Kraus, ZUHNE, or Ruvati.
The Kraus KHF200-33 Standart PRO stands out as the winner. The farmhouse sink is my best of the best stainless steel farmhouse sinks because it is relatively affordable, durable, and with an elegant design. On top of that, it is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
The stainless steel farmhouse sink is engineered with soundproof pads that will minimize the ringing sound from the splash of water and the clunking noise that your silverware might produce. With proper handling and maintenance, the sink will surely last a long time.
Pedestal sinks are desirable for how they make residential spaces look more refined and classy. Unlike the regular box cabinets, a pedestal sink can be installed in any location. Their slim, sleek...
Stainless steel sinks are known for their durability and glowing appearance. However, as with other household equipment, they are prone to retaining stains. While you can get into the DIY spirit...