Are you thinking of remodeling your bathroom? One of the best fixtures to consider is the best undermount bathroom sinks.
The undermount bathroom sink is built to mount the underside of your bathroom counter, its lip is not visible.
High-end undermount bathroom sinks are designed for people who prefer to have modern décor in their bathrooms. The sinks are amazing and known to make a bathroom’s interior classy.
The best undermount bathroom sink ensures your bathroom’s decor aesthetic, appealing, and stylish. As such, it is just what you need for a great contrast in your bathroom.
In this article, I’ve picked only the high-quality and most durable under-counter bathroom sinks that give you value for money.
RELATED: Undermount Sink Clips
Most Durable Undermount Bathroom Sinks
What Is Undermount Bathroom Sink?
It’s a sink fixed to the underside of a bathroom countertop. Fasting it to position depends on the weight of the sink. You can secure a light undermount bathroom sink by gluing it to the countertop. But for heavy sinks, you need to reinforce them with clips and brackets.
Undermount bathroom sinks are popular nowadays because of their amazing features. They get designed using various materials. Those made with porcelain, ceramic, and vitreous china have a glossy finish but give the bathroom a traditional touch.
Undermount sinks made with solid materials such as metal and composite suit vast modern and unique kitchen styles.
They handle busy bathrooms with vigorous cleaning chores, too. But if you require optimal functionality with ultimate luxury, an undermount bathroom sink made with stone is the best.
An undermount bathroom sink could be heavy or light based on the material used in its making. The sinks also come in various colors and sleek designs.
10 Best Undermount Bathroom Sinks:
1. KOHLER K-20000-0 Undermount White Bathroom Sink
- Available in stylish white color finish
- Measures 20.31 x 15.75-inches
- Depth measuring 7.33 inches
- Made of cast iron with vitreous China coating
- Under-mount installation
- Installation hardware included
Perhaps one of the things that set this sink KOHLER K-20000-0 undermount bathroom sink apart from its competitors is its timeless design. As such, it is sure to complement both modern and traditional bathroom decors.
In terms of durability, it’s hard to beat this bathroom sink from Kohler. This is because it is made from high-quality vitreous China materials for enhanced durability and a shiny appearance. This unique construction also makes the sink resistant to chipping and scratches.
With this sink, you don’t have to worry about water splashing and creating a mess around the sink. This is thanks to its rectangular shape design and overflow drain. Basically, the overflow drain allows water to drain faster to prevent flooding in case of a clog.
Similar to most undermount sinks, this rectangular basin is also not fitted with faucet holes. This gives you the freedom to install your soap dispenser and other accessories at different spots. As for the faucet, you could choose to mount it either on the wall or the countertop.
- Backed by a one-year limited warranty
- Easy to customize with different faucet designs
- Relatively deep hence less splashing
- Comes at a reasonable price
- No corners or straight sides for ease of cleaning
- A few complaints about the sink arriving broken
- A little oversized making it not ideal for small bathrooms
2. KOHLER K-2209-0 Caxton Undermount Bathroom Sink
- Relatively small, measuring 15.25 by 12.25-inches
- Classic undermount design
- Built-in overflow drain and rear drain to reduce spillage
- Comes in a white color finish for a sleek look
- Made of highly-durable vitreous China materials
This KOHLER K-2209-0 Caxton underMount bathroom sink unit features an oval shape design as opposed to rectangular like the KOHLER K-20000-0 model. This makes it perfect for compact bathroom spaces with a traditional design.
One thing that stands out about this basin compared to the previous models is its unglazed underside. As such, it can seamlessly integrate into any bathroom to deliver a classic look. The best part is that the basin boasts a no-rimming style. So, unlike a sink with a rim, the Kohler K-2209-0 Caxton is pretty easy to clean.
What’s more? You will be pleased to know that this sink is constructed from Vitreous China material. This type of material is known to be tough, resistant to scratches, and shiny in appearance. Therefore, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to the durability of this sink.
Aside from that, this deep undermount bathroom sink is engineered with an overflow drain. This feature ensures water does not spill onto your floors or counter by diverting it back to the drainpipe.
- Covered by a 1-year limited warranty
- Easy to keep clean because there is no rim
- Includes mounting hardware for easy installation
- Available in other colors like black, biscuit, and almond
- Easy to mount the faucet on the counter or wall
- Perfect for use on shallow or narrow cabinets
- Excellent depth at 5.75 inches
- Might be too small for the master bath
- The packaging leaves a lot to be desired
3. KOHLER K-2214-0 Ladena Rectangula Under-Mount Bathroom Sink
- Built with durable Vitreous China materials
- Simple under-mount installation
- Available in white and other 7 color options
- All mounting hardware included
- Unique oblong rectangular shape design
Looking for a highly spacious and extra deep undermount bathroom sink? This sink, which measures 20.88 x 14.38 x 8.13 inches in dimension, could be just what you need for your master bath. It’s not only spacious but also deep enough to prevent water from spilling out.
Although this is a rectangular sink, it is quite unique compared to the KOHLER K-20000-0 model. Do you know why? Well, it’s because the basin features an oblong shape design with clean lines for a classical and stylish look. As such, it will easily blend in both contemporary and traditional bathrooms.
Something else you should know is that this large rectangular bathroom sink is also made of Vitreous China. With this, you can count on it to provide you with long-lasting performance. And for your peace of mind in terms of its quality, it is backed by a one-year limited warranty.
Additionally, this sink is equipped with a center drain designed to ensure maximum draining capability. Combined with the overflow drain, this feature helps prevent water spillage or overflow in case the drainpipe clogs up.
- Large in size for ample workspace
- Easy to clean its curved bottom
- Complements nearly every decor with its sleek design
- Deep enough at 4.63-inches to not let water splash out
- Comes in various color options to choose from
- Weighs 2.10lbs making it lightweight
- A little pricey but worth the money
- The quality of materials used for packaging is questionable
4. Sarlai 16 Inch Undermount Vanity Sink
- Stain-resistant smooth glazed surface
- 16” x 13” x 7.5” exterior size and 13.5” x 11.2” interior size
- Made of high-quality ceramic and porcelain materials
- Available in sleek and bright white color options
- Elegant and fashionable style
The Sarlai 16 Inch Undermount Oval Sink does not disappoint when it comes to looks. This is because it features a classic, contemporary, and modern design that is European-inspired. So, regardless of where you mount it, it is sure to complement your bathroom decor. Its surface, on the other hand, boasts a smooth glazed finish for a clean and sleek appearance.
In terms of durability, the sink is constructed from premium quality ceramic with a porcelain finish. As such, it is not only resistant to temperature changes and acids but also boasts low water absorption. Even better, its surface is stain-resistant for superior durability.
Another thing you will be sure to love about this sink is its 3-months money-back guarantee. So, if your sink has quality issues, you can always return it and get a replacement.
- Perfect for small-sized bathrooms
- Backed by a 100% 3-months money-back guarantee
- Keeps your countertops and floors clean and dry
- Easy to clean and maintain its polished surface
- Includes premium hardware made of ceramic
- Excellent and secure packaging
- Not ideal if you’re looking for a large-sized bowl
- Overflow hardware looks cheap
5. KOHLER K-17889-RL-RB3 Bluestone Rutile Under-Mount Bathroom Sink
- Available in bluestone rutile color finish
- Measures 19.4 x 16.4 x 7.7 inches in size
- Undermount installation with no faucet holes
- Made of scratch and spill-resistant vitreous China materials
The K-17889-RL-RB3 bathroom sink boasts neutral hues design to complement different fixture and bathroom faucet styles. You can choose to go with the bluestone rutile color, translucent white, or the bourbon rutile.
This undermount bathroom sink is slightly deeper than the Sarlai 16 Inch Undermount Oval Sink, measuring 7.7 inches deep. Therefore, your counters are sure to stay dry because of minimized spill-outs. On the flip side, though, this sink bowl is not integrated with an overflow hole. So, it may not drain as fast as a model with a drain.
Similar to other under counter bathroom sinks from Kohler, this unit is also constructed from Vitreous China materials. With this, you can be sure the sink will serve you for years and provide you with lasting beauty.
As far as its quality is concerned, the manufacturer offers you a 1-year limited warranty against defects and poor workmanship.
- The glazed surface is glossy for ease of cleaning
- Covered by a one-year defect-free limited warranty
- Available in different neutral colors, shapes, and sizes
- Complements both traditional and modern baths
- Comes with the necessary installation hardware
- Has undergone strict quality tests
- Offers a unique and subtle accent to any bathroom
- Lacks an overflow drain
- It takes a bit more work to care for than a smooth sink
6. Nantucket Sinks White Undermount Bathroom Sink
- Fits cabinets with a minimum 21-inch base
- Durable and sleek white porcelain enamel glaze finish
- Sloppy sides with a flat bottom for a transitional look
- Fitted with overflow drain and 1.75-inch drain diameter
- Made of long-lasting ceramic and Vitreous China materials
If you are a big fan of modern rectangular bathroom sinks, I suggest you take a look at this product. First, it boasts premium quality ceramic and vitreous China construction.
Therefore, you can bet it’s durable since ceramic material is resistant to heat and impact. Secondly, the sink features a porcelain enamel glaze finish that is both scratch and chip-resistant.
However, compared to all the previous models what really stands out about this product is its lifetime limited warranty. After all, all the sinks we have covered so far offer only a one-year warranty.
Another thing we love about this sink bowl is its classic white color that is easy to maintain clean. Its bright white color also ensures your sink blends easily with different bathroom styles. And for enhanced looks, this product spots sloping sides and a flat bottom.
At only 18 x 13 x 7.5 inches in size, this is definitely a small rectangular undermount bathroom sink. This, therefore, makes it an excellent choice for small bath spaces.
Despite its compact size, this sink has a stunning deeper bowl design. As such, you can use it for various tasks without worrying that water will spill out on the floor or counters.
- Compact design perfect for tight spaces
- Backed by a quality limited lifetime warranty
- Boasts an appealing and modern look
- Perfect for 18-inch-deep vanity tops
- Comes in secure packaging and at an affordable price
- Drains fast, so water does not stand in the bottom
- Does not include installation hardware
- DIY installation is not recommended
7. Friho Rectangular Undermount Bathroom Vanity Sink with Overflow
- Manufactured from solid and durable ceramic
- Backed by a 2-year warranty and full money-back guarantee
- Beautiful and scratch-resistant crystalline glazed surface
- white-colored modern, sleek design
- Measures 18.5” long x 13.8” wide x 7.9” deep
- Perfect for under-counter installation
This is a white rectangular undermount bathroom sink that features a modern style just like the previous models. However, what really makes it stand out is its deep design. At 7.9 inches, this unit is the second deepest sink after the K-2214-0 Ladena model. This helps keep the water inside, thereby keeping your counters dry and clean.
Another desirable feature of this sink is its solid ceramic construction. This makes its surface resistant to scratches, stains, bacteria build-up, and chipping. Simply put, the sink can withstand everyday usage. To top it all, the surface features a crystalline glaze finish for enhanced durability and a classic look.
But you know what the best part is? Each sink is made to the highest standards of quality. The proof of this is the 2-year warranty this product comes with. On top of this, your purchase is covered by a 100% money-back guarantee.
According to different undermount bathroom sinks, this model is easy to install. So, if you are a DIY enthusiast, you can do the installation yourself. The only downside is that the sink does not come complete with the mounting hardware.
- A built-in overflow drain ensures water drains faster
- Smooth glazed surface is easy to maintain
- Perfectly installs under granite countertops
- Suitable for baths with limited spaces
- Extremely affordable price and superior quality
- Easy to make returns
- The drain hole is not centered, but it’s left of the center
- Does not include the installation hardware
8. KRAUS 23 Inch Rectangular Undermount Porcelain Bathroom Sink
- Undermount installation with included hardware
- Large in size at 23.26 x 16.25 x 8.1 inches
- Fitted with 3 overflow drains to prevent overspill
- Available in an attractive pure white color
- Made of long-lasting porcelain and ceramic materials
This Kraus Elavo under,ount bathroom sink is made of a combination of porcelain and ceramic materials that will not fade over the bowl’s lifetime. Even better, the sink can withstand extreme temperature changes while being stain and scratch-resistant.
Unlike some of its previous models, such as the Nantucket Sinks UM-16×11-W, the Kraus Elavo comes ready to install. Simply put, besides the sink, you also get all the necessary installation hardware you may need.
Compared to the KOHLER K-20000-0 Caxton and the K-2214-0 Ladena models, this unit stands out as the largest of them all. Therefore, if you have a big bathroom, you might want to consider this large rectangular undermount bathroom sink.
- Covered by a lifetime warranty
- Smooth and non-porous surface is easy to clean
- The drain hole is compatible with a pop-up drain
- Multiple overflow drains give it a touch of elegance
- Solidly built to resist scratches and impacts
- Boasts a beautiful modern style
- Will not fit in small or standard bath spaces
- A few complaints about receiving a broken sink
9. DECOLAV 1402-CWH Rectangular Undermount Lavatory Bathroom Sink
- Constructed from premium quality Vitreous China
- Works with 9295 and 9297 DECOLAV drains or standard drains
- Under-counter installation method
- Comes in white and bone color options
- Compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
The DECOLAV 1402-CWH is yet another extra deep undermount bathroom sink that deserves to be on this list. With an 8.26-inch depth, this is actually the deepest sink. Therefore, you can comfortably use this lavatory sink without worrying that water will spill on your counters.
Besides being a deep sink, this undermount bathroom sink is also relatively large in size at 20.39 x 14.48 x 8.26-inches. This is designed to ensure you have more space to work with while conveying a luxury feeling. On the flip side, though, you can’t use it in tight bath spaces.
Another thing we love about this large white rectangular bathroom sink is its level of durability. After all, it is made of premium vitreous China materials with a high-gloss ceramic finish. Consequently, this only makes the sink resistant to scratches, stains, spills, and impact. Its surface is also double-fired and glazed for further durability.
In terms of looks, this sink bowl has it all. For instance, it is available in white and bone colors that are sure to complement any bathroom decor. On top of that, the sink boasts soft interior curves that evoke a touch of elegance and timeless beauty.
- Super easy to install with any standard drain
- Smooth glazed surface is easy to maintain
- It will not fade over time or stain
- Beautiful with high-functionality
- Pretty deep in the center to ensure water drains fast
- Ships fast and in secure packaging
- Lacks overflow drain
- There is no warranty listed on this sink
10. American Standard Ceramic Rectangular Undermount Bathroom Sink
- High-gloss glazed and smooth surface
- Measures 17.9 x 16.25 x 9.81-inches big
- Available in white, linen, and bone color options
- Made of premium and stain-resistant vitreous China
- Undercounter installation with included mounting kit
This rectangular undermount bathroom sink boasts a curved basin, but the front and back are flat, thereby offering a beautiful look. The unique design of the basin also makes it effortless to clean.
Similar to the previous models, this unit is also made of vitreous China with a ceramic finish for maximum durability. However, what sets it apart from its competitors is its high-gloss surface that is stain-resistant and easy to clean. As such, it can be a great addition to any modern bath.
For your peace of mind, this white rectangular undermount bathroom sink is actually covered by a limited lifetime warranty. This way, should it come with any defects, you can always get a replacement without any problem. Even better, the sink comes with a mounting kit and cut-out templates for simple undermount installation.
Additionally, the basin is outfitted with a standard-size drain hole compatible with a 1-1/4-inch drain assembly. And at the front side, you get an overflow option to prevent flooding if you accidentally leave the faucet on.
- Unglazed rim perfect for granite countertop installation
- Self-rimming style makes it easy to install
- Works with a wall or deck-mount faucet
- Deep enough hence no splashes
- Made from durable and scratch-resistant materials
- Fits perfectly in any powder room
- ADA compliant
- It’s not as white as advertised as it has a yellow tinge
- The American Standard logo does not come off
Key Factors for Buying Undermount Bathroom Sinks
Undermount bath sinks are made from an array of materials. However, for most models, you will find they are constructed from Vitreous China, porcelain, or ceramic.
Generally, sinks made of ceramic and porcelain are coated with vitreous china, an enamel layer for enhancing strength. As for ceramic, these sinks are resistant to scratches and chipping. They can also withstand everyday usage but not extreme impacts.
Just like high-quality ceramic sinks, porcelain sinks are also pottery-based. Even so, porcelain is significantly more durable than ceramic since it contains steel. The downside is that porcelain sinks come in simple and plain designs. Overall, we recommend choosing a sink made of ceramic and vitreous China or a combination of porcelain and ceramic.
Sink bowl shape design
Another deciding factor for your undermount bathroom sink is the shape of its bowl. You will have to decide whether to choose a rectangular, oval, round, or square-shaped sink bowl.
Overall, the right shape depends on your bathroom style. For instance, if you want more of a traditional look, a round or oval-shaped one would be your best choice. However, for a more modern and contemporary design, we suggest you get a rectangular bathroom sink or a square bowl.
An equally important factor to consider is the color of your under-counter bathroom sink. After all, it does play a critical role in bathroom aesthetics.
As you might have noticed, most models are white in color. This is because white tends to create a clean and classy look for your bathroom vanity. Some are pure white, and others off-white.
However, these sinks do come in other color variations, including biscuit, bone, black, almond, bluestone rutile, bourbon rutile, and linen. So, the important thing is to choose a color that complements your countertop.
An overflow drain is an important feature in any sink. It helps prevent water from overflowing and spilling over if it fails to drain fast enough. This might happen if your drain is clogged up or if you happen to leave the faucet on accidentally.
However, not every undermount sink for the bathroom you come across will be fitted with an overflow hole. But for enhanced performance, you should look for a model with at least one overflow drain.
Size and depth
Just like the shape, these units come in a range of sizes to choose from. However, the right size largely depends on how big your bath space is. Because if you have a tight bath space, you’re better off choosing a small rectangular undermount bathroom sink. Simply, choose something that is less than 20-inches long.
However, if space is not an issue, then you can go for a large-sized sink. Such a unit can handle various bathroom task options with ease and comfort.
More so, you must consider the depth of the sink. Undercounter sinks for the bathrooms have different depths ranging from 5.75-inches to 9-inches. Of course, a deep undermount bathroom sink is more convenient to use than a shallow one. Because with a deep sink, you won’t have to worry about water spilling on the counter or floors.
Just because different undermount bathroom sink manufacturers state that their products are durable doesn’t mean it’s true. Even the highest quality sink is likely to have some defects.
So, for your peace of mind, we suggest you choose a model that is covered by a warranty. Generally, some manufacturers like Kohler only offer a limited one-year warranty. Meanwhile, others like the American Standard and Nantucket provide a limited lifetime warranty. Of course, the longer the warranty period, the more durable the sink is likely to be.
Sure, you cannot install an under-counter sink yourself if you’ve no prior experience. Unfortunately, not every undermount bathroom sink out there comes with a complete installation kit.
But it would be more convenient if your sink came with all the mounting hardware and installation instruction. This will definitely make installation even more hassle-free and cheaper.
Undermount Bathroom Sink Benefits and Drawbacks
Under counter bathroom sinks offer a lot of perks which explains their popularity compared to drop-in sinks. Some of the key benefits include:
Unlike overmount sinks, under-mount units have their edge lips concealed below the surface of your countertop. This allows the sink to seamlessly fit into any vanity or counter design for a sleek look.
These units don’t take up much counter bathroom space beside the sink area. Consequently, you will find them ideal for small bath countertops.
Easy to maintain and clean
Since undermount sinks don’t have exposed lips, you can easily clean them. Besides, most are made from smooth and stain-resistant materials.
Increases your home’s resale value
Because of their aesthetic appeal, Nantucket sinks add much value to any house. But you have to choose a high-quality model.
Even with their many benefits, undermount bath sinks also have some drawbacks. These include:
- Quite pricey considering you also have to hire an expert to install it for you.
- If not properly installed, you could experience leaking, thereby leading to mold build-up underneath the sink.
- Compatible with a few faucet options. You can only mount the faucet on the wall or counter.
Rectangular vs. Oval Undermount Bathroom Sink
Undercounter bathroom or kitchen sinks come in various shapes. Even so, the most common ones are rectangular and oval. Each style comes with its own set of unique pros and cons. For instance:
Look and style
Rectangular sinks boast sleek lines along with clean corners. As such, they tend to appear more stylish and elegant. Because of this, they can be a perfect choice for your modern bathroom design.
Oval Nantucket sinks, on the other hand, have a classic design. Simply, they look more traditional than their rectangular counterparts. Consequently, you can easily pair them with nearly any bathroom style. However, they are often referred to as outdated.
Most sinks with a rectangular shape design are best suited for large bathroom spaces. This is because they do take up a lot of counter space. Meanwhile, an oval undermount sink is built to fit into tight spaces without a problem. You can actually mount it in the corner of a small bathroom.
Even with deep depths, rectangular undermount bathroom sinks are more prone to splashing water than their oval counterparts. Because of their oval design, they tend to feel somewhat deeper, thereby offering better water depth.
Undermount Bathroom Sink Sizes
One of the deciding factors when choosing the under-counter bathroom sink is size. That’s why there are both small and large Nantucket sinks.
However, the right size sink depends on the overall size of your bathroom and base cabinet. After all, it would not make any sense to install a large-sized unit in a smaller bathroom.
Generally, most oval or round undermount sinks typically measure between 12 and 17 inches in diameter. As for rectangular design models, they can range from 12 to 20-inches in length and 16 to 24-inches in width. So, overall, oval-shaped sinks have a more compact size style than their rectangular design counterparts.
In terms of depth, it ranges from 5 to 8 inches for both oval and rectangular undermount sinks. Of course, the deeper the sin,k the better to avoid water spills. Also, a deeper sink prevents overflow issues.
Materials for Undermount Bathroom Sink
Do you want a long-lasting undermount bathroom sink? If yes, you must choose one made of the best materials. This could be a combination of vitreous China and ceramic or porcelain and ceramic. Let’s find what each material has to offer.
This is an enamel coating applied to ceramic sinks. The coating helps make your ceramic undermount bathroom sink tougher, shinier, and denser. Compared to other coatings, vitreous China is far better at resisting scratches, spills, stains, and other imperfections.
Ceramic is another high-quality material for under-counter bath sinks. Basically, it comprises a combination of powder, clay, and water. Therefore, you will find it resistant to scratches, chipping, stains, and bacteria build-up. Even better, it offers exceptional durability when combined with vitreous China.
This material is a solid form of ceramic but lacks a glazed coating on it. Even so, it is pretty tougher than ceramic. The best part is that porcelain is non-porous, making it easy to clean.
However, this material is more prone to staining and chipping. For this reason, most undermount bath sinks usually feature a combination of porcelain and ceramic materials.
Which Finish is Best for the Undermount Bathroom Sink?
For enhanced durability and protection, undermount bathroom sinks come in various finishes or coatings. However, not every finish is as durable as it is reported to be. So, below are some of the best finishes to consider.
This is a type of glass coating commonly found on ceramic undermount sinks. The finish makes your sink harder, extremely corrosion, and heat resistant.
This is one of the most versatile sinks finishes for undermount models. And compared to the porcelain enamel finish, it tends to give your sink a modern and sleek feel. The best part is that it’s easy to clean.
High gloss or crystalline glazed finish
Undermount bath sinks with this kind of finish have a smooth and clean surface. But one of the best things about this finish is that it inhibits the growth of bacteria. Consequently, this makes your sink more hygienic.
The above products stand out for their exceptional durability, reliable performance, and even design. So, whichever sink you choose from the list, you won’t be disappointed.
The important thing is getting a model that complements your bathroom style, whether modern or classical. You must also consider the sink’s size, shape, warranty period, and availability of an overflow drain.
But which is the best undermount bathroom sink? It will have to be the KOHLER K-20000-0 Caxton Under-Mount Bathroom Sink. This is because thanks to its timeless design, you can use it in any bathroom style.
The best part? It has a great depth and overflow drain to prevent water from splashing out on your counters. On top of that, it comes with the necessary mounting hardware at a reasonable price.